Ransom

It had been three days. My mom had to have gone to the police by now. I hadn't been able to eat, or change. I was still in some torn jeans and a a grey t-shirt. Wyat hadn't come into the room since he left me there. I had plenty of alone time to to think.

Wyat couldn't be living alone. Where were the adults? They probably should have known by now. I looked around my enclosure. What was this room for? Torturing innocent girls, it seemed like.

I tried for what seemed like the hundredth time to loosen my bindings. The rope just cut into my wrists. Crawling to the loop in the floor, I tried to untie the knot. I almost had it off when the door slammed open. I hadn't even heard him come down, or unlock the door.

Wyat walked over and kicked me down to my side. Grabbing the end of the rope, he started to make the extra length smaller. Once my hands were close to his waist, Wyat started dragging me out of the room. I squirmed and tried to yell through the tape covering my mouth. Wyat never let go.

The ropes started to burn my arms, and cuts developed. Blood started to trickle down my arms. Wyat kept dragging, until we reached another door. I turned around and placed my feet on the wall, showing I wasn't going in. Wyat leaned down, and hit me across the face. My cheek stung for multiple minutes.

Inside, there was a gruesome room, not taken care of. A chair sat in the middle. Wyat drag me to the chair. Then, I noticed a camera stand, wires connected to a computer. I realized he was using me for a ransom video.

Wyat put me in the chair, with my arms behind me. He tied me to the chair, and he got chains from the workout equipment. They were freezing to my feet, as he chained my legs to the chair legs. Wyat took my braid out, and tool sludge from the ground and put it in my hair.

After wiping his hands with a towel, Wyat replaced the tape with a rope between my teeth, also tied extremely tight to the chair. A blindfold went on my eyes. I started to freak out. I heard something slide out of what was probably a case. A cold edge started to press into my skin, wherever it was visible.

He was cutting me for a more dramatic point.

-------------------
GARREN'S POV
Wyat Brent was questioned, and we found out that they had been out having dinner the night Devynn disappeared. He told us that the two of them were walking to the car, when someone grabbed her.

He went on to tell a heroic tale of trying to save her, but said he got knocked out in the fight and woke up to all of them gone, including Devynn.

I hadn't left the station until the police forced me to on Sunday, two days after Devynn went missing. I got up for school on the third day, Monday, and stayed silent. Her disappearance hadn't made it on the news yet.

I got a call halfway through lunch from Mariann. I didn't give it a second thought, as I instantly answered. "Garren?" Mariann whimpered, "You need to come here." I didn't reply. I hung up, and checked myself out of school, since my mom and dad allowed it.

The station wasn't busy, and I made it in easy. Running into the Sheriff's office, I saw Mariann, the detective, sheriff, and officers huddled around a screen. I shoved to the front, next to Mariann, and was shocked by what I saw.

A live video was going of a disgusting room. Devynn was tied to a chair in the middle. Her hair was a mess, and fresh cuts covered her skin. A large bruise dominated her left cheek. She was blindfolded, and the rope cutting off her speech was forcing her head to stay straight up. Her arms were cut and bruised from the tight rope that pulled them behind her.

Mariann and I both ended up with tears coming down our faces. We watched as a man came into view. He was wearing a black suit, but we couldn't see his face. He started talking with a low voice.

"Here's Devynn. She's been a real... Treat. This is my deal." He walked behind Devynn, but his face was still hidden. "I give her back to you, safe and alive, if you give me what I want. A list will be sent later. Take your time, but know that the longer you take, the more battered she becomes."

A hand reached behind her, and pulled her head further back. An audible moan escaped Devynn's binding. Something silver reflected a light and a gunpoint was pressed against her head. Devynn started moving, trying to get away. Muffled yells came from her mouth as she tried to get away, but her captor held her there.

Mariann put her face into my shoulder and started crying. Devynn got her chair to bounce, and it looked like it landed on the man's toe. He cursed, and hit her head with the butt of the gun. Devynn's head hung limply in front of her. The man stepped in front again. "I don't want to hurt her more than I have to. Make your choice."

He lifted the gun at the camera and shot it. We lost connection. Tears flooded out of me. Mariann and I were escorted out into the lobby, and we stayed there for hours.

-------------------

DEVYNN'S POV

I couldn't see, but I could hear, and I knew that my mom and Garren were seeing this. Wyat told them his deal, and it went silent for a bit. Suddenly, my head was jerked back. I moaned in pain.

Cold metal was pressed against my head. A gun, I thought. I wiggled and tried to get away. He's going to shoot me. He's going to shoot me.

I made the chair bounce, and landed successfully on Wyat's toe. He cursed. My moment if triumph was short, as the butt of the gun made contact with my head. I blacked out, again.