5- The kiss

Derek's P.O.V.

I woke up with this horrible pain on my side.

"Fucking hell, what happened?" I tried sitting up, but couldn't.

"Dude, relax. You don't want to rip open your stitches." Zac sat up from the chair. "You were shot last night."

Memories of last night flooding my mind.

"Theo's dead?"

"Yes, we almost lost you too."

Beck was sitting on my dresser, chuckling.

"What do you remember from last night?" He asked.

"Beck! Not now." Zac warned.

"What? Am I missing something?"

They were both holding back smiles at this point.

"Is the doctor still here? I think I need better pain meds, fuck this hurts."

"Oh yeah, she's still here." Beck smirked at Zac, who just laughed as he shook his head.

"What the hell is your problem? You're such a moron, why are you laughing?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe for the fact that you confessed your undying love for the nurse. It was hilarious."

"Ahhhhh, I was so out of it. I remember, I thought I was losing it. I can't get Sofia out of my fucking head."

"Well then, good thing you told her that."

Just then, my bathroom door opened and out came Sofia.

"Oh good, you're awake." She beamed.

She quickly threw her bag over by the door and sat next to me on the bed. I just stared at her. Her hair was wet and she smelled of my shampoo.

She grabbed my hand, "I'm just checking your pulse."

She turned towards Beck and Zac, "Can someone get Nico to bring his pills and some water please."

"Sure thing, Doc." Beck winked at her.

She let out a giggle as he walked out the door.

"You're awfully quiet, Derek! How are you feeling?"

"Why are you here?" I was so confused.

"Im sorry? Should I go?"

"No, I just... I'm shocked you're here, in my house."

"Nico called me last night, asked me to come help him. So here I am, if you want me to leave though, I will?"

"No, stay." I told her as Nico, Beck and a few other of my men came in the room too.

"Yeah, you still owe her that kiss." Beck teased again.

"Oh my God, I was hoping I was dreaming all that. I'm so sorry Sofia, I was a little loopy."

"So you didn't mean anything you said?"

"No, I think I meant everything." I couldn't stop looking in her beautiful eyes.

She smiled and helped me sit up. She put pillows behind my back and then sat beside me again.

"I thought you were a waitress?"

"Well I am, I work part time for my cousin, Nico. My job job is at the New York Hospital."

Nico came in handing her a bag. She pulled the stuff out of the bag.

"Alright, these pills are for infections that you need to take two times a day until they're gone. Everything was clean but I want to be safe, and unfortunately these are the only things I have for pain relievers that I can give you legally. You can take them every four hours for the pain." She informed me, handing me the four pills and a bottle of water.