Chapter 6: Memories

I quickly finish getting dressed in my grey sweats and a white t-shirt beforing walking barefoot to the living room to see if Pepers in there.

I see Nat and Clint on the couch watching Harry Potter and walk over to them.

"Have either of you seen Peper?" Clint jumps causing his popcorn to spill and Nat just stares at the screen.

"I think she's in the lab."

"Which lab?" I ask.

She turns to me and her eyes soften, "his."

"Oh, okay," I whisper.

I head to the elevator and get on. I let the doors close behind me but dont tell Friday where to send me yet. I need some time to register where I was about to go. I hadn't been into his lab since before I turned to dust.

Why is Peper down there? There has to be a good reason. No one goes down there anymore.

"Friday, to the labs please."

"Yes Mr. Parker."

Before I know it the doors are slidding open and I walk into the coridor. Normally I go left to mine, when I come down, which is next to never. But today I take the right.

The floors are dusty from the length of time it has been untouched. The only thing distrubing it are the prints of the heels Pepers's wearing today.

I look in and see Peper in the middle of the room. I see the papers and spare parts scattered around the benches just as Tont left them. Parts of various suits strung on the walls. These to also filmed with dust. No ones allowed in here, not the workers or the cleaners. At somepoint someone tried to move his stuff. I accedintly sent them to the hospital and didn't emerge from my bedroom for a week. Since then no ones dared.

I close my eyes and breathe in the familiar scent of oil and hair gel.

"Underoos come here," Mr. Stark calls from across the room.

I snap my head up letting go of the tools in my hand, the metal hitting the metal table making a loud sound and I wince and make my way over to him.

"Trying to break my stuff?"

"No, Mr. Stark. I'm sorry," I mumble.

"Don't worry about it kid."

"What do you need?"

"I can't figure this damn thing out, why don't you take a look at it?"

I scan the page and spot the error, "Well this hsould be 3 not 2," I point out.

"Thanks kid," the next song turnes on and I grin.

"Hey isn't this Led Zeplin?"

"NO!" He growls before throwing a rag at my head which I easily catch.

I always knew he messed that problem up on purpose to test me but I never said anything. I sniffle a little and Peper turns around. 

"Hey Petey," she says softly, she and Morgan are the only ones allowed to call me that.

"Whats up Pep?" I walk towards her and she has a box in front of her. Some papers fill the box.

"I was just going through a few things. I thought you might want to see a few things," she hands me a fram with a picture. It's me and Mr. Stark, I'm Smiling like mad and hes just has his same old expression on his face. But both of us were putting up bunny ears on the other. I smile as my eyes glaze remembering the day so clearly. It was the day I got my offical internship at Stark Industries.

I look back up at Pepper and she's looking at me with a small smile. A peice of paper held tightly in her hand.

"Hey Pep, whats that?" her face changes suddenly remembering what she was doing here.

"So, when you're aunt May didn't return, we took you in..."she trails off.

"Yes I know and I apreciate that," I'm hesatent thinking she's going to tell me to leave.

"We'll since you weren't our child we legally couldn't do a lot of things," she sighs, "well Tony didn't like that. He always thought of you as a son and a part of the family."

"Okay?" I'm confused as to whats going on.

She just sighs and hands me the papers. I see her and Tony's signatures and gasp when I see the top of the page.

"You and Tony adopted me?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I am so sorry its taken me so long to update its been a crazy couple of weeks but I hope you enjoy!