finale- part 1/2

The towering creature roared, claws extended and teeth gnashing, and it lunged for Technoblade, who was standing still, frozen. Phil's eyes widened, and he pushed himself and Techno out of its path, the two of them landing rather awkwardly in the mud.

"What is that thing!" Wilbur screamed, Tommy frozen besides him. Will clamped a hand around Tommy's wrist as the creature rose again, bunching up and preparing to lunge. Techno growled and unsheathed his diamond sword. Phil had no doubt that this was not part of the plan. He could see the other favored characters scuttling around at the other end of the clearing, looking just as confused and horrified.

Once again, the creature lunged for Techno, who seemed to be out of his funk now. Techno deftly lunged out of the way, and the creature reared again, enraged. Phil hurriedly unsheathed his iron sword.

"Tommy! Another one!" Phil shouted over the chaos. Tommy heard and turned to him for a second before nodding his head and cocking another arrow and letting it fly into the group at the other end of the clearing, making them scatter like rats. There was another crash as the creature let out an animalistic roar and slammed all its limbs into the mud. The clearing was a mess, the ground torn up and the trees leveled.

"PHIL!" Techno yelled. "You guys fight them, I'll take care of this!" he continued, gesturing to the monster, while preparing to dodge another wild attack. Phil grit his teeth. He'll trust Techno for this one.

"Guys!" he shouted, running towards Wilbur and Tommy. "Techno will handle the monster, we handle those guys."

"What are we waiting for then!" Tommy hysterically shrieked, another arrow already primed. Wilbur, somehow still looking every bit like an annoyed sibling despite being in a warzone, nodded and took out his iron sword.

"For freedom!" They all shouted.

---

Techno lunged out of the way of another attack, leading the monster deeper into the forest. The blood god was panicking, spewing out noise and gibberish in the midst of sentences.

-̷̬̓t̵̢̄r̷͂ͅÿ̴̦́ĩ̴̧n̵͙̒g̶̱̋ ̴̱̎t̴̹̉o̴͍̽ ̷̟̕S̶͕̕Ḧ̷͖Ȕ̸̺T̷̟̈ ̸̧͝ì̷̳t̵̐ͅ ̴̈́ͅd̸͓̅ ̴̡̐O̷̺͗W̴̗̔N̵̙̽ ̴̗͝ Techno growled and put his hands over his ears in an attempt to block out the noise. He tucked and rolled to avoid a gigantic claw, getting up smoothly and firing an arrow into the thing's eye. It let out another roar of bestial rage before charging him. This time, he ducked past the charge and sliced off the thing's leg, making it tip to the side and crash into the mud. Within seconds though, another leg regrew in its place.

-̸̫̀I̴̙͋'̴̃ͅv̴͎̅e̴̛̬ ̵̦̚ǧ̷̱ ̸͆ͅO̴̹͑T̴͖͛ ̵̘̋a̷̻̐ ̸̧̒P̵̭̓L̸̳͂Ạ̷͠N̸̻̊ ̵̮̚j̸͕̎u̸͔̐s̶͓̚ț̷̅ ̷̭͗B̴͖̏U̵̫͒Ȳ̶̰ ̴͙͌m̸̧͊ë̶̞́ ̴̦͂T̶͓̐ ̷̭̆Ī̴̺M̷̼͗E̴̅͜

Did you just say plan? Techno wildly thought back. I can't kill this thing with a sword! There was another burst of noise and Techno winced.

F̷I̵V̵E̷ ̵M̸I̷N̷U̶T̵E̸S̴.̶ ̷H̷O̶L̷D̸ ̴I̷T̸ ̷O̷F̸F̴ ̴F̴O̴R̵ ̵F̶I̶V̸E̷-̴ With that, the staticky voice of the blood god cut off with a high pitched whine. The white noise beat against his eardrums, and there was no time to hesitate as the thing was throwing itself at him again. He sprung to the side once again, and in the corner of his eye he saw Will, Phil, and Tommy trading blows with the main characters. He gripped his diamond sword tight.

Just when I thought getting out of here would be easy. He thought tiredly to himself.

---

Technoblade, or the blood god, as his in-game counterpart liked to call him, pulled up interface after interface on his toolbox, furiously tapping away. The sentient code was on its last dregs of life, and of course, the last thing it does is to create a Lovecraftian monster to hunt them down.

Just our luck! He thought in frustration. Techno is already trying to buy him time by distracting the thing in-game, but both of them know that it won't die to something like an arrow to the eye.

He'll need to find where the code for the creature was hidden, and tear it to shreds.

It's just... taking so LONG!

---

Jesse ducked as another arrow flew over him. This was the sniper that killed Lucas! He lunged forward to land a fatal blow, only to be parried by the man in the striped hat.

"Why are you doing this!" Harper called out desperately through the chaos. "That pig man is evil!" This only seemed to enrage the sniper.

"Don't you dare talk about Techno like that!" he shouted, firing another arrow, sending everyone into disarray again. Ivor stumbled into the ground, getting mud all over himself, and the man with the beanie dashed forward and held an iron sword against his throat.

"Ivor!" Jesse, Petra, and Harper cried out. The beanie man slammed a hand against Ivor's mouth, only letting out muffled cries of help.

"Toss your weapons into that bush over there, and I'll let him go." he told them calmly, his face a mask of indifference. Petra growled and Jesse grit his teeth. Harper was slowly backing away. They had no other option here. He bent slightly and threw his sword into the bush. He heard Petra do it behind him too. However, the beanie man isn't budging.

"We did what you asked, now let him go!" Petra growled. A manic grin broke out onto the man's face.

"Did you idiots really think I was telling the truth?" he laughed, then slit Ivor's throat.

---

Everything was shaking. The code was splitting apart at the seams and it couldn't see through the slough of error messages everywhere. The constant white hot pain blinded its senses.

CRASH.

Another main character has been disposed of. The quaking tripled in intensity and the ones and zeros and numbers and letters were slipping through like water through a crack. The code was holding itself together with sheer willpower. Even this couldn't go on for much longer. Everything was fraying and tearing apart.

It tried to find solace and relief in the fact that the b̴l̵o̵o̵d̴ ̶g̵o̶d̶ and it's vessel T̵e̵c̵h̷n̸o̴b̶l̸a̵d̶e̸ would die, but even that thought is slipping through its tattered mind. Hide the code for my creation. Hide the code for my crea-

[Phil thrusted his iron sword into a defenseless Petra's stomach, twisting the blade in morbid satisfaction.

CRASH.]

[Tommy took an arrow and shoved it through the underside of Harper's chin, making her teeth click together.

CRASH.]

[They pinned Jesse's limbs to a tree, and Wilbur shoved a stick of lit dynamite into his mouth, stepping back.

BOOM.]

[The blood god found the code for the monster, and with a cackle, put his fist through it, breaking it like glass.]

[In the forest, a path of destruction following them, Techno watched as the monster let out a dying wail and shattered into a million iridescent shards.]

The code broke, and the only world they ever knew fell away beneath their feet.

They couldn't be happier.

---

two more until the end. (part 2/2 and epilogue)

i might've gotten too morbid at the end but you can't tell me it wasn't satisfying 

sorry for disappearing, blah blah, i don't know when the next chapter is going to be up, blah blah, i'll shoot for the next week or two, and of course, vote and comment to feed my ego BYE

(oh and happy early new years!)