act 1, chapter 6- literal plot armor

Jesse gritted his teeth and turned to Lucas and Ivor.

"What should we do-" and with that, an arrow whizzed by his head.

"See, in the real world," the man drawled, bow taken out and another arrow already in position, "People don't wait for their opponents to make a strategy right in front of them." Two more arrows cut through the air, splitting the little huddle that the group had, forcing them to all jump in different directions. More arrows, shot with scary precision, scattered the group even further away from each other across the large town tall.

This guy is good! Jesse thought, a bead of sweat trickling down his face as he was continuously pressured by more arrows. I have to get to the others so we can make a plan...

"You guys do know that the more bored I am, the more likely I am to drop her into lava, right?" the masked man announced boredly.

We need a plan, and we need it fast! Jesse thought, trying to run towards his teammates again. He deftly dodged another barrage of arrows and managed to catch Ivor's eye from across the hall. Ivor waved frantically, holding up a jump potion. Jesse nodded and redoubled his efforts to get to Ivor.

"Jesse!" Ivor shouted when he got close enough to him. "Take this potion! It's all I have but it might give you an edge!"

"Thanks Ivor, toss it over here!" Jesse shouted when more arrows tried to drive them away from each other. Ivor looked dubiously at him.

"But what if I drop it-"

"There's no time!" Jesse shouted, thinking of Petra. "Toss it now!" Ivor steeled himself, gritted his teeth, and tossed the bottle. The glinting bottle flew through the air, and it had looked so close-

Smash.

An arrow had been shot straight at it, shattering it to pieces, spilling the green liquid on the ground.

"You think I don't notice you buffoons over there throwing potions at each other?" The man scoffed. "I'm shooting at you, for nether's sake! Come up with a more interesting plan!" Jesse growled while Ivor might've looked angry too, from what Jesse can see across the large town hall. Lucas was not in sight from where he was though.

Ug, Jesse thought angrily. What are we supposed to do?

---

Petra mumbled, feeling the fog behind her eyes that always came with waking up.

Where am I... she thought, thoughts still scattered and confused, as she registered the heat near her fingers and face. We were stuck in the house thanks to that Finn... then that psycho came in... then I passed out... It was almost like her all clicked into place. She snapped her eyes open and found her nose almost caressing the surface of bubbly lava.

"Arrg!" she screeched, and instinctively jerked away from the lava, only to be restricted by an arm tightening around her midsection.

"Looks like you're awake," the masked man drawled. Petra growled and continued struggling.

"You... Let go!" she screamed, wriggling and struggling in the madman's grasp, but not anticipating the amount of strength he had.

"Let's not get too hasty now," the pig said in that bored voice of his. "I'm the one with the advantage of having you over a pool of lava. If you struggle more, you get dropped right in." This froze Petra, and she gritted her teeth in frustration. Am I really this useless?

"PETRA!" Jesse screamed from across the room. "Don't worry, we're coming to save you! Just hang in there!"

Always in need of saving like some damsel in distress...