interlude- world building

In another universe, maybe, the internet was a not physical tangible place. In this one however, it was. It connects the Local homes of billions of users, along with grand servers and intricate websites, built by the best programmers. Users gather at services like Twitter and Reddit to talk with other users and meet interesting people, while they gather at Youtube to post funny footage and enjoy entertainment.

So many things to do, things to experience, and strange and interesting people to meet.

The Internet to these users, was, quite literally, the world.

---

Hey Skeppy, wait up!" shouted BadBoyHalo. "Where are you even planning to go?"

"I'm just going to hang out at Twitter," Skeppy said in that playful tone of his.

"Are you really?" Bad asked suspiciously. "You're not lying to me, are you?"

"Why would I ever lie to you?" Skeppy asked, trying to hold back laughter. Bad huffed and turned, around, crossing his arms angrily. Skeppy finally burst out in laughter. "Fine, I'm going to the Minecraft servers." Bad instantly brightened up.

"Ooh, I can come with you?" he asked excitedly. "I met someone new there a few days ago called Dream, and he was really nice."

"Okay, okay, just hurry up!" Skeppy exclaimed, speeding up.

"Ugh, Skeppy!" Bad said, exasperated.

---

The Internet is a huge place. Billions of users navigated it every single moment, exploring websites and programs via fast warp paths that can get you anywhere almost instantly. As he and Skeppy arrived at Minecraft, Bad wondered what the world would be like without the warp paths.

"Hey Skeppy?" Bad said inquisitively. "What do you think the world would be like without warp gates?"

"Well, no one would get anywhere quickly, duh," answered Skeppy, rolling his eyes. "I once met a guy who used to work at Google, actually." Bad raised his eyebrows. Google is the company that maintained the largest and most efficient warp network.

"Really?"

"Yeah!" Skeppy replied enthusiastically. "He said that warp gates needed a fu-"

"Language!" Bad hurriedly reprimanded. Skeppy rolled his eyes.

"Fine, he said they needed a lot of work to maintain, and that's why he quit, because it was boring and tiring."

"He sounds like a nice person," Bad mused.

"I don't like him." Skeppy grumbled. "He forced me to play a stupid game on Hypixel and beat me up."

"Aww, I'm sure it wasn't a stupid game," Bad admonished.

"Yes it was!" Skeppy shouted. "You literally steal presents-"

"Okay look, I'm sure it wasn't that bad. What was his name anyways?"

"It was Technoblade." mumbled Skeppy.

"Ooh, I really want to meet him now." Bad sighed. "Do you know what he's doing now?"

"I think he said that he was going to do some exploring and find some abandoned programs to check out. See if he can somehow scavenge something." Skeppy said. "Anyways, it's either that or he's still playing Grinch Simulator. Let's talk about something else. What game should we play?"

"Uhm..." Bad contemplated. "How about some Bedwars?" Skeppy nodded.

"Sounds good! Let's hurry to Hypixel."

---

wow look! she posted! and it's...

it's an interlude. fuck you author.

sorry for the interlude. i figured that since act one was over, i'd celebrate with an interlude (and because i still haven't finished planning act 2 i'm sORRY)

yes i don't regret it no i'm not tagging skep and bald, hopefully i've made my universe clear enough if you have questions ask.

right see you in a bit