Chap 9 "No Kids"

Hondo's POV

My phone rang and I picked up. "This is Hondo," I stated.

"Hey, Hondo. It's Steve," Steve stated. "You need to come to the hospital. Vee's been hurt."

"I'm on my way," I nodded and hung up. "Come on, Kai. We gotta go. Your mom is in the hospital."

"Is she okay?" Kailee asked.

"I don't know," I sighed. We walked to the hospital and her team was waiting. "Is she okay?"

"Adam is talking to her right now," Steve nodded. "Room 168."

"Thank you," I replied. "Come on, Kailee." We want to her room. "Thank God you're okay."

"Thank you," Vee stated as she hugged me, but I didn't feel the love. "I'm sorry. I'm not sure we've met before."

"What are you talking about?" I asked. "Vee, we've been together for about fourteen years."

"I'm drawing a blank," Bee nodded. "I'm sorry. Who's the girl?"

"Mom, I'm your daughter," Kailee stated. "My name is Kailee Villarreal."

"You didn't tell me that I had a daughter," Vee smiled. "Wow, you are the splitting image of me."

"I am my momma's daughter," Kailee smiled.

"I'm going to talk to Hondo outside while you two get to know each other a little better," Adam replied. Vee nodded as Adam and I left her room. "Hondo, she lost a lot of blood."

"I'm sure blood loss doesn't trigger amnesia," I crossed my arms.

"It doesn't, but emotional trauma does," Adam looked at me. "She's got dissociative amnesia."

"What the hell kinda case put her though emotional trauma?" I asked. "I'm an LAPD SWAT officer and we always went home fine."

"She found out Saxtyn James was on the island. It was her idea to do the case the way we did. We didn't know he stabbed her," Adam replied. "As far as I know, she thinks me and her are still in a relationship."

"Tell me about the case," I sighed. Adam did. I looked at Vee and Kailee through the window. "If she has no recollection of the attack, the bastard walks free."

"She won't be able to testify in court for the rape, but we still have him for attempted murder on a cop," Adam nodded. "If that doesn't stick, he might go after Kailee."

"I can't let that happen," I nodded. "I'm going to need you to take care of Vee."

"Why do I have to do it?" Adam asked.

"She's not going to be going back to LA with me, willingly," I sighed. "And you can't tell someone that they love you."

"So you want me to keep her here in Hawaii?" Adam asked.

"Just until her memory returns," I nodded. "I have to make a call. I'll leave Kailee here." I walked to the nurse's station and got out my phone to call Deacon. "Pick up, Deac."

"How's Hawaii?" Deacon answered.

"Vee has amnesia. We don't know if it's permanent," I responded. "If it is, I lost her to Adam."

"Why do you say that?" Deacon asked.

"She thinks she's still in love with Adam," I sighed. "Well, her brain thinks they're still in a relationship. She lost all the memory from the past sixteen and a half years."

"How did this happen?" Deacon asked.

"Emotional trauma," I responded. "Saxtyn was being transferred to Hawaii for a cold case they opened. DNA matched." I sighed. "Even if DNA matched, they needed Vee to testify. Without it, they could move to a mistral and the guy walked free."