Chap 4 "Helping Hawaii"

Vee's POV

We got to Oahu, Hawaii and stayed at a five-star hotel, beach side. Hondo and I had an amazing nine days in Hawaii. I walked out onto the balcony to take in the sun. "Hmmm," I sighed. I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. "Hi, baby."

"Looks like the trip took the stress off," Hondo stated.

"A little bit," I turned to look at Hondo. "But I think the document in the file at the bottom of our suitcase is the one that made me most happy during this trip." He smiled. "What?"

"I honestly thought we would ever elope," Hondo gave me a kiss. "Now I can call you Mrs. Aria Harrelson."

"Yeah," I nodded. "Let's get ready for a walk on the beach." We each took a shower and got dressed for the day. We looked out onto the beach to find a good spot. Next thing we know, there was an explosion. "Hondo."

"Let's go," Hondo replied. We made our way to the spot of the explosion. "I thought we weren't here to work."

"Yeah, well, we save people," I stated. We started helping and there was a dead body. A guy walked up to us. "Uhm, Hondo?"

"I'm Commander Steve McGarrett off the Five-O Taskforce," he stated as he showed his badge. "I noticed you guys were helping some of the victims of this unfortunate event."

"Yeah, I'm Sergeant Daniel Harrelson and this is Officer Aria Harrelson from LAPD SWAT," Hondo nodded and we showed our badge. "We're on vacation but we saw the explosion from our room. Didn't see anything but we wanted to help."

"Babe, it's Officer Aria Villarreal," I corrected. "We haven't made that change yet."

"You guys married?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, we just got married a couple days ago," I nodded. "We eloped and we plan on having a celebration when we get back to LA."

"Well, if you guys want to help us on this case, here's our address," Steve handed Hondo a card. "Please. We would like you to help us in anyway you can."

"Thank you," Hondo replied. We got into our rental car and Hondo looked at the card. "Babe, I know what you're thinking."

"Let's do it, Hondo," I smiled. "I miss work." He looked at me. "Please, just this one case. We won't be able to when Kailee gets a little older."

"Fine," Hondo sighed. He drove us to their headquarters and Steve greeted us and took us to their floor. "What do you call this place?"

"The Palace," Steve replied. "This is my team. This is Detective Danny Williams, Captain Lou Grover, Special Consultant Jerry Ortega, Officers Tani Rey, and Junior Reigns." We all shook hands. "They're LAPD SWAT Sergeant Daniel Harrelson and his wife, Officer Aria Villarreal."

"You guys are married?" Tani asked.

"We just got married. We haven't gotten to chance my name yet," I replied. "But we don't let our relationship get in the way of our work." Steve nodded. "So you're a team of six?"

"Seven," Steve replied. "Our other officer is collecting information."

"Who?" Hondo asked.

"Adam Noshimuri," Steve stated.

"I'm out," I stated as I turned around.

"Babe," Hondo grabbed my wrist. I turned back around. "You wanted to help them on this case."

"Before I knew he worked here," I replied.

"Why are you afraid of him?" Danny asked.

"I thought me and him were over, five years ago," I nodded. "Adam and I had a daughter together. He showed up at my daughter's fifth birthday party and demanded to see her." Steve looked at me. "He never knew about her when I had her. I kept it a secret and didn't even put his name on the birth certificate."