Chap 3 "Kailee's Dad"

Vee's POV

"My safe word will be pray," I stated. I looked at the team. "It's the only way to keep people away from the place."

"Let's get you bugged and inside," Hondo nodded. I got dressed in a sundress with costume glasses. "You look cute."

"If cute means geeky, great," I sighed. "Honestly, I tried to leave that behind in high school."

"What is Aria Villarreal so afraid of back in Oxnard?" Hondo asked.

"My ex-boyfriend finding out where I live and tries to take Kailee," I looked at him. "Trust me, he would be the one to do it. He's a different kind of special. Someone I wouldn't be with."

"Let's get done with this case and we'll figure something out, okay?" Hondo suggested. I nodded. "Alright."

"Let's get on it," I replied. Street walked in wearing civilian clothes. "Is he not running with you?"

"Oh, I am," Street nodded. "I'm just your friend who you drag to go shopping with you."

"Seriously?" I asked. Hondo handed each of us an earwig. "Can't I have Deacon go as my dad, or Chris as my sister?"

"Sorry, but Street has worked a lot of UC with us," Hondo stated. "It's just how it's gonna go." We got into Black Betty. "We've got Vee and Street going in to be our eyes and ears. When she gives us her safe word, we'll go right in."

"But they're going in unarmed," Tan stated.

"Not me," Street stated.

"We know better than to shoot one of our own," Deacon sighed. "Besides, Vee wouldn't volunteer for something unless she knows the risks."

"Exactly," I smiled.

"UC names are Star and Gene," Deacon stated. "Street, you're Gene."

"Don't turn on your glasses until you get there," Hondo replied. "Tap them twice to turn them on. Street, your watch is the only audio feed on you and you click the button to turn it on. Vee's got both."

"Why does she get both?" Street asked.

"Because they wouldn't suspect me," I replied. They dropped Street and I two blocks away and we started walking. "I know you volunteered."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Street replied.

"Uh-huh," I stated. "You haven't been able to take your eyes off me since I've been going to SWAT."

"Yeah, what is it with you and Hondo?" Street asked. "You guys good friends or something?"

"Have you really not noticed?" I asked. Street nodded. "Hondo and I have been dating for two years."

"Really?" Street asked. "Wow."

"I really love him, Street. Hondo's been there for me when no one else wasn't," I sighed. "He also really bonded with my daughter."

"Kailee," Street nodded. "How old is she?"

"Four," I replied. We walked up to the store. I turned on my glasses. "Ready?"

"Yeah," Street turned on his watch. I held Street's wrist and pulled him inside. "But Star..."

"Quit whining, Gene," I smiled. "We're here to pick out a gift for my parents and I want your opinion."

"You two," a guy held a gun at us. We both put our hands up. "Over there in the corner with the others. Come on." We complied. "Stay quiet."

"How many hostages?" Hondo asked.