EPILOGUE

"You let me win, you let me ride. You let me rock. You let me slide. And when they lookin' You let me hide. Defend my honor. Protect my pride."
-Nicki Minaj, Right Thru Me

"I get what you meant now when you said you would do anything for daddy, because I feel the same way. I would do anything for Tunchi."

My mother smiled at me and pushed me into her arms as we stood outside on her huge backyard.

I loved my mother. I loved that she still cared about me even when she found out about my impact with drugs. I'm so happy for that and I feel as if I have every right to be jumping up and down and thanking her for being there for me.

"I always knew it was Tunchi, a mother knows those things. I just never would tell you because I saw something in you that I've never see in anybody not even in myself."

I scrunched up my eyebrows.
"And what is that, momma?"

"Courage. I know I said that I would stay their for your father while he was in a wheelchair, but I couldn't have did what you did. I only would do it because I felt obligated to do it simply because he was my husband, but you were doing it because you loved him and you didn't want to leave him. I just need you to know one thing baby and that one thing is to never stop believing in what you think is right. Do what you think is best because that's what makes you, you, baby."

I smiled and hugged my mother with tears exalting from my eyes. I was speechless. Never have I opened up to my mom like that in my whole life, but now that a problem had arisen in my life is felt the need to open up to my mom which I should've doing all along.

"Okay, you guys, Mrs. Knight is cleared to go," I heard an adverted my attention to my rehab teacher, Kandi.

She walked over to me and hugged me, then released me to give me the papers that were in her hands.

"I will miss you so much, Tea. You worked so hard these eight months and I appreciate that and I hope to not see someone as pretty as you back in a place like this. Do I make myself clear?"

I chuckled. "Yes ma'am."

And we hugged again before my mother and I stepped outside. It looked so good out here and breathing the fresh air of Florida felt even better. I loved being home and especially being around the presence of my own family.

I appreciated them so much. For loving me. For sticking by my side even though I'm going through this hardship in my life.

"I love Tunchi so much," I breathed in and out. "...but I don't think I can do this, daddy."

I was so sick. I was so tired of giving up, but at this moment juggling two things in my life is hard work and even harder when I don't have my own man by my side.

Next thing I know I felt my fathers hand lay on top of my own and I pushed out a smile as we sat in front of each other during my visit that I got every month.

"You can do this Tea. I know you can, baby. You've got strong blood and I don't give a fuck how many times you won't to give up, you won't. you have to realize the gift you have and the ability and time God have you to do so."

I looked at my father and smiled.
"I understand daddy, but when did you start preaching about God?"

He chuckled.
"Since your mom started dragging me every Wednesday and Sunday."

I smiled just thinking about my father until I heard my name being yelled and then realized the voice of my mother and tapping she once did on my shoulder.