(13)

"You a fraud. They say you don't know what you got 'til it's gone."
-Nicki Minaj

TE'ALA AKA "TEA"|

"So are their any grandchildren in our future?"

I looked up at my mom and gulped down what I wanted to say and decided to go the easier route.

"Well,"

She stopped me with her hand and dropped the butter that was sitting in her hand and pushed me into her soft arms for a hug.

I knew if my mom knew about everything that was going on she would be disappointed and tell me that I shouldn't be living like that and to come back home. But her home wasn't my home any longer. I was grown now and I had to do my own thing so even though I wanted to tell my mom about everything going on and sit here and cry in her arms, but I couldn't.

"I shouldn't have asked that because you know, with his medical problem and stuff, are you guys able to get it in?"

I chuckled. "Mom,"

She stopped me once again by putting her fingers up to were her big ass rock was dangling from her fingers and in my view.

"I forgot you guys were having problems too, baby. I'm so sorry. Well, have you guys made up then I will get to the question about the grandchildren?"

I rubbed my forehead at my mom as I took the croissants out of the oven.

"Were doing better, actually. I just need sometime alone sometimes."

She nodded her head and licked the butter from her finger once she dropped the half from her finger in the pan.

"I get what your saying baby and now I understand why you came alone... You've got to get away from doing all of that and take a breather. Because I know a man, and if your father was in one he would be getting on my damn nerves."

I nodded my head and took the glove off of my hand as a question popped up in my head for my mother.

"If you could leave daddy, let's say he was in a wheelchair, would you?"

She bit her lip and turned to me away from the pan and opened her mouth with no hesitation.

"No I wouldn't leave your father. I love him too much to see him go through that alone when I could be right their by his side helping him through the pain and his injury. Your father would be so hurt, probably crying his heart out and listening to drake since that's the only music h'll listen to when he's without me. Trust me I know. But the point of it is, is that I wouldn't leave him. It would be like me loosing something that I can have and that I want, I'm just giving up. And momma doesn't give up, baby!"

I opened my mouth to speak, but was caught off by my father standing unknowingly behind me.

"So you love me, baby?"
He asked walking over to my mom with a side limp in his walk making me smile and my mother laugh.

"Please stop making a fool of yourself Devin with that old ass pimp walk..."

He chuckled. "But that's how I got you though and had you spitting out my kid."

"Our kid, Devin. Why were you eased--"
She couldn't even continue what she was saying because my daddy had brought her in for a kiss making her wrap her arms around his neck and his arms around her waist.

I walked out of the kitchen immediately because I had something to do. I love him too much, I love him too much, I love him too much, just kept running back and forth through my mind.