Chapter 2: Second Chance

A/N (11/23/2021): Okayy so I'm back... for what feels like the hundredth time lmao

I'm actually a lot busier than before but out of nowhere I felt like writing a little for this series... so here I am I guess :)

This isn't me saying "I'm back for good" or "I'm gonna keep writing" or anything like that; I just felt a little inspired for this chapter in particular and wanted to take advantage of this so-called 'stroke of inspiration' while it lasted

Anyways I hope this isn't too weird/confusing^^

~~~~~

Previously:

The night was quiet. The world moved on, seeming blissfully unaware of the raven-haired hero's agony.

Suddenly, the peaceful environment is disturbed by a bright light, and the silhouette of a male appears amidst the trees.

"Eh...? Where am I?" The male frowns. "Weird. This has never happened before. I swear I meant to go to—"He stops midsentence and sniffs the air.

"Huh... smells like blood."

Another bright flash and he's standing beside the body of the dark-haired boy.

"Woah, look at what we have here." The male crouches down as if to pick him up but then hesitates, eyes flitting over the pool of blood. "Ugh... I don't want to ruin my outfit..." With an exaggerated sigh, he picks up the boy. "I'd better take this back with me."

Then they're both gone in a flash of light.

Now:

Percy's eyes flutter open and the first thing he sees is a blank white ceiling. He tries to push himself up but feels dizzy.

"Careful. You lost a lot of blood."

He flinches, turning to where he had heard the voice come from. Standing in the corner of the white room is a tall, blonde male wearing a lab coat.

"...Apollo?"

Upon hearing his name, the god leans against a table and grins, his white teeth nearly blinding Percy.

"At your service." He waves a hand carelessly. "Now that you're awake you can thank me for saving your life."

"I—"

"I know, I know, it must be hard to move in your current condition so I suppose you don't have to bow or anything like that."

Percy says nothing but that doesn't seem to dishearten Apollo at all.

"Say, how'd Riptide end up in your chest? Did you trip and fall on your own sword?" The sun god strokes his chin and muses, "Though I suppose it looked more like the sword fell on you—"

"Where's Annabeth?"

Apollo stops midsentence. "Huh?"

Percy isn't sure why that was the first question that rose to his lips, but he continues anyways. "Where's Annabeth?"

Frowning, Apollo replies, "How would I know that? I have more important things to do than wander around aimlessly keeping track of you rowdy half-bloods."

"Then how did you find me? And why am I here?"

"What is this, twenty questions? I just happened to stumble across your body in the woods, okay? It's not like I made a mistake — no, that definitely does not sound like something I would do. Now if you'll excuse me, I happen to be an extremely busy man."