Chapter 1: The New Camper

A.N.: I made a new Percy Jackson ff.. hope this one goes better than the other one I wrote. Tht one was an absolute fail h a h a

Disclaimer: I don't own Percy Jackson or any other characters in this series

Total: 1387 words

~~~~~

Percy Jackson's P.O.V.

My life was perfect. I had the greatest friends, family, and girlfriend that anyone could have ever asked for.

Now you're probably wondering Why are you speaking in past tense?

Good question. You'll see why in a second.

I guess I should have known that my luck wouldn't last forever. I was just an idiot at the time.

//Time Skip//

I patrol around the border, a gentle breeze sifting through my hair. The weather is great as always...

A scream jolts me out of my reverie. What the hell--?

I sprint out of the border, twirling my trusty pen/blade in my hands.

A boy around my age is screaming and running away from three hellhounds.

"Help!! Someone please help me!"

Running towards the havoc, I motion towards the boy. "Get behind me!"

He sprints towards me, arms flailing, but his foot catches on his own ankle.

I watch in slow motion as he falls on his face. Oh for the love of--

Before I can finish my thought, the first hellhound leaps at the defenseless boy, who is cowering on the ground. "H-help!"

The hellhound's jaw opens, leaning down. Crap, crap, crap... I won't get there in time.

Lifting up the blade, I throw it, even thought that's not what it was designed to do. Thankfully, my aim is true and it lodges itself in the hellhound's skull.

Opening its mouth in a silent scream, it disintegrates into a pile of golden dust.

The boy is still lying on the floor, hands over his eyes.

"Get up!"

He doesn't move.

"Hey! Are you trying to get yourself killed??"

He still doesn't respond.

I reach him just as the second hellhound does.

The hellhound swings its massive paw down towards the boy's face, and I block it using my arm, hissing in pain as its sharp claws tear through skin, tissue, and muscle.

Using my uninjured arm, I pick my sword up from the ground and stab it upwards, clamping the monster's jaw shut. Then I stand up and face the last hellhound.

It's either really brave or really stupid because even after seeing me disintegrate two of its friends, it still charges me down.

Dodging its attack, I swing my sword in a large arc, chopping off its head.

For a second, my chest twinges with sympathy as I think about Mrs. O'Leary.

That wasn't her. And they were going to kill that half-blood.

Turning to face the demigod, I hold out a hand to him. He looks up at me, and I see his eyes for the first time under his dark hair. They're wide and full of terror, but that's not what captures my attention.