Chapter 13: Artemis

A/N: I don't have much to say, except that there might be some Pertemis in this chapter (FINALLY, WOOHOO!)

Oh and also that from now on, there's probably going to be some profanity included, so... yeah. Yeah, that's about it :)

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters.

Before: Just then, Artemis barges in.

"Percy--"

She stops dead and stares at Poseidon.

"Oh, I--"

Poseidon smiles a gentle smile; one that reminds me of the gentle waves of the ocean.

"I'll let you two talk it out," he says as he leaves the room.

Apollo walks out as well, leaving me and Artemis alone.

Now:

Percy's P.O.V.

Oh crap. Crap, crap, crap.

Artemis steps closer to me, and smiles; a smile that seems to shine brighter than the sun... which is kinda ironic, because her brother is the sun--

Artemis cuts off my train of thought by stepping closer so that she's standing in front of me.

I can smell her; she smells nice, like jasmine with a hint of honeysuckle--

No, what are you doing?? Focus!

However, Artemis suddenly grabs my arm, leaning even closer, which, of course, makes it impossible for me to focus at all.

"Percy, I--" Artemis starts, but I cut her off.

"Don't apologize. It's not your fault. It's not your Hunters' faults either. They're just doing what's natural to them: looking out for one another and protecting each other."

"How did you know--?"

"That you were going to apologize? Your expression says it all."

She stares at me for a moment, her silver eyes wide with surprise.

Artemis's P.O.V.

He already knows me so well...

Percy's green eyes seem to bore into me, and I could stare into them forever... well, until his lips suddenly twitch upwards.

"Artemis? Earth to Artemis," Percy says, grinning crookedly. I step back, embarrassed.

"Oh, sorry," I mumble.

I'm the goddess of the moon and the hunt! I'm a maiden goddess! How can I be mooning over some demigod? [A/N: Sorry, I had to add that... Mooning ... heh]

"Nah, it's fine," Percy says, still smiling.

"Well... I'm really sorry for what my Hunters did to you, and I, as their leader, will do anything to earn their forgiveness."

Percy laughs, then leans forward, whispering, "Are you sure about that? Anything?"

"I... Percy!!"

He leans back and smirks.

That's it.

"Yes, I'll do anything."

Surprise lights up his green eyes, then curiosity.

He gently grabs my chin between his fingers and leans toward my face until our lips are inches apart.

"So... even this?" His voice is soft, filled with an emotion I can't seem to name.

Now he's so close I can feel his breath on my lips.

I can't do this... This is going too far. Yet my lips are tingling, and I feel like I want this more than anything else.

At this point, I lose control of my body. I can feel my eyelids flutter and then close.

I honestly don't know who makes the next move, but before my brain has time to catch up, we're kissing.

My body feels like it's on fire, and I can't get enough of Percy's lips. We move as if we are one, and his tongue enters my mouth.

Then, the blissful moment is gone and I realize what's going on.

I shove Percy's chest and back away from the bed.

"What was that for??" I shout indignantly.

Percy looks startled. "W-what--"

"You just..." My brain is too messed up to form a sentence.

"Wait, Artemis, I--" Percy starts, but I don't let him finish.

I run out of the room and slam the door shut.

Percy's P.O.V.

I put my head in my hands and grit my teeth.

What have I done?

A/N: Hey guys, I'm back... again...

No, don't worry, I didn't die or anything, I'm perfectly fine... kinda :)

Basically, the reason I haven't been updating is that I'm really really busy with school right now, especially since I'm in high school... there's a sh*t ton of work to do, and I can barely keep up with everything... I wish I had more time on my hands to update.

I really apologize, but I can't say this won't happen simply because of all the homework and just everything that's going on.

In fact, another thing that's been keeping me from writing is my writer's block. I know I mentioned this a million times, but still.

When I first started this story, I was pretty excited, and I knew the basic storyline, but now... I don't know what the hell I'm doing anymore :(

It's kind of a struggle to write each line of the story, much less a new chapter.

I hope you guys can give me some tips on what to write next because I have no idea.

Oh, and while I'm here, I'll mention that you probably noticed that I changed a bit, whether from the fact that my writing style is slightly (barely) different, or just my tone and language... Well, that's just because it's been so long haha

P.S. Sorry for the long-ass Author's Note...