Chapter 8: Percy's Dilemma

A.N.: Here's another chapter for you guys. ^^ Hope you enjoy~

Disclaimer: I don't own Percy Jackson or any other characters.

Before: Surely Artemis believed me. Right? I had made the oath... yet a small part of me thought, Haha! You think she would believe you??? And why would she believe you over her precious Hunters? They are clearly more trustworthy, right? Ha!

I put my head into my hands and tried not to think about anything.

Now:

Percy's P.O.V.

Time Skip - 3 days later

I'd heard about the bargain Poseidon made with Artemis. The nymphs gossiped a lot, and it just so turned out that I had been passing by as they had switched to the topic of Artemis's Hunters. They might be disbanded... I thought to myself.

However... I didn't know whether to feel glad or not... They had been rude to me... yet I understood why they were like that.

They were raised to be man-haters, and that was all they knew.

I slowly stood up from the position I was sitting in and spread out my wings. Then, with a powerful flap, I rose into the air and headed to a place I would rather not go to - the Hunter's camp.

Time Skip - 3 days later

Artemis's P.O.V.

We had been searching day and night for Percy, but with no luck. How is a mere mortal able to stay hidden from me? Normally, a tracking mission like this is easy...

I sigh and sit down in one of the chairs which are around the picnic table.

I knew a hopeless case when I saw one... and this was one of them. Percy didn't want to be found, which meant that no one would be able to find him.

Percy's P.O.V.

I flew high in the air, drawing closer and closer to my destination. Time seemed to slow. Each beat of my wings felt like a minute...

Time Skip - 20 minutes

I land quietly down on the branches of a tree with my hood up, watching the camp. I see Artemis sitting alone on a chair with her head down.

My heart pounds and I realized that made me want to go to her and show her that I was fine... if I was even the reason for her sadness.

It was actually very likely that she wasn't down because of me.

That thought thoroughly depressed me. However, is wasn't like I could do anything about that.

I turned to leave when I suddenly hear something behind me (in the camp).

I turn back and see that Thalia and the other Hunters were back.

I was a bit torn, Should I stay a little longer or should I just leave? [A.N.: No, this isn't the dilemma I mentioned in the title.] I scowl and decide to stay a bit longer to watch.

Artemis's P.O.V.

I dismiss my campers except Atlanta, Thalia, and Phoebe.

"Okay, it's time you three come clear and tell me what's been going on last week - and before that." I say.

Phoebe has a look of overdone innocence on her face as she says, "What do you mean?"

I sigh and then say, "You know what I mean."

Phoebe's P.O.V.

I do as she requests and come clear about everything.

"And... That's about it. I'm sorry, Lady Artemis." And honestly, I was starting to feel sorry.

I guessed that she could see the sincerity on my face, because she looked at me for a second, then said "Alright. I forgive you." She then turns to Thalia and Atlanta and asks, "Were you two in on this?"

Atlanta nods guiltily, but Thalia shakes her head, looking horrified.

Thalia starts to say something, but Lady Artemis holds up her hand and says, "It's okay, Thalia. We just have to find him today or tomorrow... Otherwise, we'll be disbanded."

Percy's P.O.V.

I stand silently on the tree branch, just like when I was first introduced to the camp.

Should I go and show myself to them? I would feel a bit guilty if they were disbanded because of me. However, another part of me thinks, No. Why should you go back to that hellhole? Besides, what have they done for you? Other than be absolute pricks to you, of course.

I put my hands over my face and grit my teeth as the two parts of me start to snarl at each other.

What do I do?

Author's Note: Wow, so I managed to update. I guess that's because I'm sick right now (and yesterday too), so I didn't go to school for 2 days now.

Woohoooo!~

Anyways, I hope I'm on the right track with this story, and, as I keep saying, give me ideas!!!

P.S. I accidentally uploaded this chapter before it was finished (yes, I know, I'm an idiot), so... Sorry about that.

GirlyGamer101YT signing off.