Chapter 3: The Decision

A.N.: Enjoy the story~ thts all I have to say.

Disclaimer: I don't own Percy Jackson and other characters like that.

Total: 813 words

~~~~~

Before:

When I arrive, I walk into the throne room. They raise their eyebrows in half surprise and half irritation. "What do you want?" Zeus booms.

"I have one wish, Lord Zeus."

"And what is that 'one wish'?" He asks, looking almost insulted that I had dared to come back and ask for anything.

I breathe in deeply and then breathe out. "I wish that you would kill me."

Now:

Percy's P.O.V.

As soon as the words are out, the room breaks out into bedlam. "What?" Zeus's face is nearly purple. "What do you mean you want us to kill you?"

I am surprised to see that Poseidon looks concerned and also horrified. Why does he care now? It didn't seem like he cared about me when he announced that Matthew was his favorite son.

That's when Artemis coolly raises and eyebrow at me and says, "Why do you suddenly want to end your life? Is it because you regret dumping Annabeth?"

I feel my eyes widen. What? I think inwardly. "I don't know what you're talking about, Lady Artemis. I didn't dump Annabeth... I would never dump her." My voice cracks with emotion as pain rips through my chest.

Athena jumps up from her throne and snarls, "My daughter wouldn't dump you!"

Artemis smirks and mutters, "Even if she did, I wouldn't blame her for it. He is just another filthy man, after all."

I ignore them even though my hands are shaking and turn to look at Zeus. "So, will you accept my request, Lord Zeus?"

Zeus drums his fingers against the arm of his throne, deep in thought. He then glances at Artemis. They don't say anything out loud, so I just assume they're communicating telepathically or something of the sort.

About what to do with me.

Artemis's eyes widen with horror, and then glares at Zeus and snaps, "That is a terrible idea!" Zeus glares right back at her, and she gives in, slumping in her throne and shooting daggers at me with her eyes.

What does she want now?

Zeus looks at me and says, "So, Percy, I had an idea. Instead of death, I thought you could be the guardian of Artemis's Hunters."

My body stiffens with shock. The Guardian of the Hunters? Zeus must be kidding... Surely...

"I... I am really grateful for this opportunity, but-"

"Okay, then it's settled. Perseus Jackson is now the Guardian of the-"

"Wait!" Artemis shouts. He has to swear an oath first. Just in case." She pauses to glare at me before continuing. "Do you swear not to do anything... vile to my Hunters? You must understand why I can't exactly trust you."

I raise my eyebrows, and she stares me down before saying, "You know what I mean. Do you swear?"

"Yes. I swear not to do anything with you or your hunters." I hesitate before adding, "I swear it on Chaos's name."

The gods look shocked. Zeus says, "Why would you swear something on Chaos's name, Perseus?"

"I don't know, I just felt like Lady Artemis wouldn't trust me otherwise." I say.

Just then, the room starts to darken. I curse myself silently. Why did I have to be such an idiot??

"Who DARES to swear anything upon my name?" A voice bellows.

I swallow nervously and say, "It was me, Lord Chaos."

"You? Perseus Jackson... Hmm, how interesting." He sounds strangely amused. "I see great potential in you. Oh well, I guess I'll forgive you this time. Next time... you won't be so lucky."

"Th-thank you, Lord Chaos." I stutter, surprised at his mercy.

"Before I leave, I will give you a gift. I pity you, and I will for the rest of your miserable life. It was your choice, I suppose. Anyways, I am going to give you my blessing."

"What? Your blessing? But why?"

"Do not question my motives, Perseus Jackson." Chaos pauses. "Brace yourself."

I barely have time to comprehend what he'd just said before all of the darkness in the room seems to gather and move towards me. I stiffen.

As soon as the darkness reaches me, I have to bite my tongue to keep from screaming in agony. White hot pain races through my body, and that's the last thing I remember before blacking out.

~~~~~

A.N.: hehe another cliffhanger... even tho the next chapter is already uploaded... bUT STILL YeAh

Anyways, I'm sorry for not updating in a long ass time... I was busy (frickin school, ughhh) and I'm pretty much never allowed to use my phone. I'm rly rly sorry, for the few people that actually bother reading the stories that I write. I guess thts it, then, bye bye :)

Pls vote n comment~ luv y'all!