Chapter 1: Even the Greatest Fall

A/N: PLEASE READ!

Okay so sorry for wasting your time but I need to explain what's going on. I decided to at least try to write something, even if it comes out crappy. Maybe I'll give up again (who knows), but hopefully I don't.

For my own sake — and because of my lack of patience/unwillingness to write fillers — I decided to skip the intro. I know for a fact if I tried to start from scratch, I would just give up again. That's what happened last time lol

So I guess I'll jump straight into the action :)

Note: I lied. Before we get into it, I should explain what's going on so you have some context. It's pretty similar to the original storyline of this ff (all of Percy's friends start turning on him until he's left alone) minus the 'new camper' part. I decided to just omit it because I wasn't sure if that concept fit with the new storyline. And no, they didn't turn on him for no reason. The explanation will come later. Maybe :)

~~~~~

Percy's P.O.V.

Shit...

Percy staggers through the woods, his heavy footfalls echoing through the otherwise silent night.

I have... to get away.

His hand clutches at his chest — he can't seem to breathe properly.

Ah... I remember what this is. What was it called again? Parallel breathing?

A voice seems to echo through his mind. No, Seaweed Brain. It's paradoxical breathing. When your diaphragm moves upwards when you inhale and your lungs can't expand as much, which prevents you from inhaling enough oxygen. It's caused by chest trauma.

When he hears Annabeth's voice, a sob rips through his throat.

Why...?

Her stormy gray eyes and honey-blonde curls flash in front of him as if taunting him. Her small, knowing smile twists into a disgusted grimace.

"Murderer. Scum of the Earth."

Percy trips on a root and falls to the mossy floor. He coughs, his blood splattering onto the leaves below him.

"You deserve to die for what you've done."

But why? What did I do—

Another voice joins hers.

"You're a vile excuse of a hero. I knew I shouldn't have forgiven you in the past."

Dark brown eyes and messy black hair which stand out against his deathly pale skin.

"Nico—?"

"Disgusting pig. All you want is fame and power."

Before Percy has time to figure out who he had just heard, more voices begin speaking over each other until he can no longer distinguish whose is whose.

"Greedy—"

"Coward—"

"Hypocrite—"

"Murderer—"

No... I'm not!

"Traitor—"

No... Percy clasps his hands over his ears in an attempt to block out the noise, but it simply makes it louder.

"MURDERER—"

"There you are."

With a gasp, he pushes himself up to his knees to see who had spoken.

In front of him is the real Annabeth, blonde hair swept into a ponytail and stormy gray eyes full of contempt. Behind her are dozens of campers, all of whom had once been his friends...