Chapter 2

It was dawn and Crookedtooth heard a loud screech. She jumped and her eyes were wide open.
Ravenwing was dashing into the nursery, with Echopaw yowling.
Crookedtooth padded to the nursery. "Whats going on?" she asked. Sedgestripe poked her head out from the den. "The kits are coming!" she said.

Flightwing had a mouse in her jaws. "Does she need fresh-kill?" she asked. Ravenwing shoved Echopaw out of the way. The apprentice fell to the ground.

Longpaw was pacing around in tight circles. "When will they come!" his tone had an impatient growl. Spikeclaw put his tail on the young apprentice's shoulder. "Calm down." he mewed.

Crookedtooth saw Ravenwing break from the crowd. "Shystep is fine! She has four healthy kits!"

Crookedtooth rushed into the nursery. Darksky was beside Shystep, licking a white tom. The four kits were so cute.

"They are adorable!" mewed Sedgestripe. "I already have names for them!"

"What are they?" asked Sedgestripe anxiously.

Shystep put her nose into black tom's fur. "Smokekit." Then a pale tom with black stripes. "Bumblekit." Then a white tom, "Cloudkit."

Shystep purred and put her nose on a dark gray and white she-kit, "Ripplekit."

Crookedtooth licked Bumblekit. Bumblekit purred. Crookedtooth smiled. Ripplekit opened her small pink mouth then wailed.

Shystep comforted the kit. Who knew Shystep would be a great mother!

Crookedtooth sighed and knew her kits were gonna come in a long time.

***

(It had been a few moons....)

Ripplekit pounced and caught a butterfly in her mouth. "I got it!" she mewed.
Bumblekit tumbled and knocked into her. "Hey!" Ripplekit cried. Bumblekit had Smokekit behind him.

Smokekit chuckled. Shystep licked the tom. "Smokekit, its not nice to push your brother."

Smokekit rolled his eyes and trotted to Cloudkit. One of Cloudkit's eyes were all white. Ravenwing comfirmed that he was half-blind. Cloudkit blinked and saw Smokekit.

Cloudkit leaped and pinned Smokekit. "Smokekit! I got you!"

"Bumblekit!" he called. The pale tom with black stripes tackled Cloudkit off of Smokekit. Ripplekit hit him on the ear. Smokekit lashed out on Ripplekit.

He unsheathed his claws and dug them deep into the she-kit's dark gray and white fur. "You deserve to die!" he growled, digging them deeper.

Ripplekit let out a long, loud wail. Shystep ran to the kits and pulled Smokekit away from Ripplekit.

"Smokekit! Don't hurt your sister. Go and replace the moss in Night's nest." Ripplekit licked a paw. Bumblekit and Cloudkit stared at Smokekit as he bounded to the elders' den.