Chapter 6

Echopaw saw a large patrol of SunClan warriors coming. Oh great! SunClan is helping PineClan! Thats great we are doomed...
The warriors were lunging at PineClan. They are helping us!
Echopaw felt like LionClan. She clashed against a huge PineClan warrior. She scratched at his cheek then bit into his hind leg.
The tom grabbed the apprentice and hauled her to a tree.

Echopaw felt blood drip out of her mouth. She extended her claws and pounced onto the tom's back tearing into his flesh. The tom yowled in pain, and fell to the ground. Echopaw finished him off by ripping his left ear. He retreated into the bushes. Swiftwhisker saw that they were losing the battle. "Retreat!'" he said.
All the cats were fleeing back onto their territory.
"We won!" Bearstar meowed. Rainstar came close Bearstar. "We did this for Featherstorm, not for your clan. We did this for Featherstorm."

"For Featherstorm!" Rainstar's warriors repeated. "Don't expect us to help you again." Rainstar whipped around and left the clan with his warriors right behind him.

"Lets get treated to our wounds." Stickfoot mewed. He signaled to FireClan to return to camp.

Bearstar padded over to Ravenwing's den. "The battle is over, we won!"

Ravenwing called to Bearstar's den. "Its okay! We won!"

Cats were coming out from the leader's den, Ripplekit was bouncing out. "Did you see how I clawed at that cat's nose! I sent him back to his camp!"

Smokekit was covered in blood, it was all in his fur. "Smokekit!" Ravenwing said.
"Are you okay? You seem hurt."

Smokekit shook his head. "It was all PineClan blood! I made that she-cat cry. She ran away, in a hurry! I'm gonna be the best warrior ever!"

Shystep came over to Smokekit. "He is becoming a warrior already."

Smokekit proudly stood up.
"Go wash yourself." ordered Sneezenose. He took the kit over to a water pool close to camp entrance. "Here," he put the kit in the water, pushing his paws in Smokekit's fur.

"He is too worried," Shystep meowed.

Crookedtooth had Shystep by her side. "I feel more heavy than usual." Crookedtooth said, falling.

Shystep helped the she-cat up and took her to the nursery.

Bearstar was just about to announce that the battle was over, and SunClan had helped them. Stickfoot whispered into his ear. He nodded and began to speak.
"We have some apprentices ready to become warriors." He mewed.

Willowpaw, Longpaw and Echopaw's eyes shined. "Echopaw and Longpaw will you uphold the warrior code and defend this clan at the cost of your life?" asked Bearstar.

Willowpaw felt astonished that her brother and sister were becoming warriors without her.

"I do," Longpaw said with a confident tone.

"I do," meowed Echopaw, her voice filled with excitement.

"Then by the power of StarClan, Longpaw from this day forward you will known as Longclaw. We honor your honesty and your skill to fight. And Echopaw you will be known as Echoheart. We honor how you love to help around the clan. Longclaw and Echoheart you are now full warriors of FireClan."

"Echoheart! Longclaw!" The clan cheered.
Willowpaw felt like crumbling to crowfood. "How can this be?"

Stickfoot came to the apprentice. "You still have a lot to learn, you don't pay attention to me. And I heard that you didn't help fight off the warriors. The kits took care of them. They could have been hurt, luckily they weren't."

Willowpaw saw Longclaw come near her. "You should of been with us." he said.
Echoheart licked her sister's ear. "Its okay, maybe in a moon you will become warrior."
Stickfoot shook his head. "She needs six more moons. Maybe when Bumblekit, Smokekit, Cloudkit and Ripplekit had been apprentices for two moons? Thats about right."

Willowpaw sighed and padded away.

Featherstorm was in the medicine den, getting treated to her wounds. Ravenwing wrapped some cobwebs around her hind leg, and put some dock leaves on her shoulder.
Featherstorm winced, and was standing up.
"Thanks Ravenwing." she meowed. Ravenwing just nodded.
Featherstorm walked out of the den. She saw Willowpaw speaking to Echoheart.

Echoheart shook her head then whispered something that Featherstorm couldn't catch. Longclaw came over and beckoned Echoheart to do their vigil.
Echoheart took a glance at Willowpaw before leaving to camp entrance.

Willowpaw looked confident as she bounded away. Featherstorm thought that the apprentice would be up to something.
Featherstorm shrugged and bounded into the warriors' den.

"Do you think Willowpaw is ok?" asked Featherstorm.
Stickfoot was grooming himself in his nest. "She'll be fine. I've seen young cats like her, they seem like good cats in the future."

Featherstorm sighed. "But you're being too hard on her," protested Featherstorm.

Stickfoot shook his head. "They need just a little pushing, thats all."

Featherstorm didn't seem convinced. But she didn't say anything.

Featherstorm curled up in her nest and closed her eyes, and went to sleep.