Special Chapter

Happy New Year! I just decided to write an SC for Alex and Maxene's story yesterday. May we all start this year with Jesus. I'll try my best not to spoil other characters' ending since short chapter lang po 'to. Happy reading and God bless!

Special Chapter

Habang abala ang mag asawang si Maxene at Alex sa pag aayos ng dekorasyon sa loob ng kanilang bahay, ang kanilang anak na si Maxine ay tumakbo para sila'y yakapin.

"Omg! Sunod sunod 'yung dami ng pagkain! I can't wait to eat!" Sigaw ni Maxie habang yakap ang magulang.

Tumawa naman si Maxene at Alex saka hinarap ang anak.

"Kaya ikaw, matulog ka para mamaya hindi ka antukin sa pag salubong ng bagong taon." Ani Maxene habang hinahaplos ang pisngi ng anak.

Napanguso naman si Maxie.

"Ma, ako, aantukin? I'm good at sleepless nights." Maxine proudly announced.

Napailing naman ang kaniyang ama na si Alex.

"Oo, proud ka pang ipangalandakan 'yang eyebags mo." Aniya Alex na wari'y pinagagalitan ang anak.

"Dapat lang, Pa. Pinaghirapan at pinagpuyatan ko po 'to." Ani Maxie na nakangiti.

"Okay, tama na 'yan. Doon na tayo sa labas mag lagay ng decor." Ani Maxene saka hinawakan ang kamay ni Maxine at nag lakad tungo sa hardin.

They immediately put decorations in their garden. It's their tradition since Max and Alex got married, on every occasion, it must always be filled with decoration and they must always be complete.

While Max and Maxie are busy decorating and talking about random things, Alex, the man of the house, stared at his wife and daughter.

He never stopped praying, not to ask but to be grateful.

Everyone knew what he did in the past. How he used his wife. How he hurt his beloved and he regretted it.

In their first year of marriage, Alex and Max had a great time but not all the time.

They bickered many times but always ending up with each other's arms.

They don't sleep unless they're okay.

It's a happy marriage but there are always challenges and disputes in making decisions, nonetheless, they always end the day with a smile on their faces and with a light and happy heart.

"Love, are you okay?" His wife asked while her hand is on his chest.

He just smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Why wouldn't I be okay? I have you and Maxine. I'm more than better." He smiled and looked at their daughter who is now having a good time with his and her wife's parents.

"We're gonna celebrate a decade in a few months and also Maxine's legal age." Maxene smiled and rested the side of her face against his husband's chest. "Thank you. Thank you for giving me this family and for always giving me the chance to being happy and be loved." Maxene said as she's being grateful.

Alex smiled with a teary-eyed. His wife never failed to amaze him.

Even after all, it's Maxene who always say 'thank you' that it should always be done in another way around.

It's him who is more than thankful. He has mistakes, he has flaws and imperfections but his wife, Maxene, never, even once, made him feel that he's not enough.

What Maxene is always telling him, that is, his mistakes don't define his future. And if his future is him, being happy, then his mistakes won't be a hindrance.