Prologue 🌙

Authors note: Hello! If this is your first time stumbling on this book without reading any of the others, then I highly recommend that you check out Senju Girl, Legacy of the Senju, and Rise of the Senju before reading this book!

This is the last installation in my 'Senju series' and takes place in the Boruto timeline, so if you wanna get the complete Naruto experience with my oc Haru, then I recommend you check out my three previous books in that order!

Thanks for your time and I hope you enjoy the story!

••Runa's POV••

There's a soft glow from the morning sun shining through my otherwise dimly lit room. The light illuminated fragments of my skin and created a slice of sparkle on my marble floors. I groaned in irritation when the light caught a bit of my closed eyes.

Taking a hold of my silk comforter, I haul it up and over my head to shield me from the harsh sun.

I'm about to fall back into my slumber, but I'm promptly stopped by my bedroom door opening. "Runa! Mom made breakfast, it's time to get up." Haruki's voice, although always soft and gentle, didn't fail to make me twist around and scowl a bit.

It's morning, what type of demon could possess anybody to be so chirpy it such an ungodly hour?!

Prying my eyes open, I stare at my sister who's sending me a genuine smile. Looking her up and down, I note that she's still in her pajamas, but my perceptive eyes catch her freshly done manicure and extra silky hair. I sigh, I know she's extra excited today because Boruto is joining our class.

.....Ew

After the stunt with the train he pulled off at the entrance ceremony last weekend, I didn't think the idiot would ever come back to the academy. But of course, I should've known better as he is the Hokage's son and had some special privileges.

It was my mom who told us that Boruto would be returning to classes and joining us on our first day as if the incident had never happened, and I could swear that ever since there's been a pep in Haruki's step.

I just don't understand the appeal of that spoiled, bratty, annoying, no good-

"Well, mom is serving us right now so come down before your food gets cold!" Haruki exclaimed in a gentle tone, softly closing the door after relaying her mother's message and heading back downstairs.

I laid there and stared at the closed door for a couple of moments before I took a deep sigh, twisting my back and stretching out my neck to get all of the weird knots that formed overnight as I slept out of my body.

I stare up at the wall and bask in the peace the morning has to offer, the house is silent for the most part although I could still definitely hear my mom and Ruki talking from downstairs. Glancing casually at my clock on the wall, I huff a bit.

Perfect, I still have time to lay around and do nothing before rushing around to get ready for school! I  and roll around in my silky sheets to enjoy my last few moments of laziness before returning to reality and becoming my studious and driven self.

Then it hits me.

Nose twitching, attention peeked, I catch faint fumes of whatever delicious goodness my mom's cooking drifting up from the kitchen. Can it be? I bunny-sniff again and this time I'm positive.

She cooked my favorite type of pancakes!

The sweet smell wafted through my senses, and it was enough to effectively sit me up and throw my legs over the bed to put on my slippers. Ah I love it when mom cooks pancakes!!