Chapter 4 🌟

Omg after this arc shit goes down! I'm so excited to introduce Sasuke and give y'all the moments you've really been waiting for wnwksjwjwjw

And omg Haruki and Runa art above?! Cuties!!

This is my last Haruki centered chap for a while, Runa is coming back to her main character status next chap!!💜❤️

••••••••

The night was initially calm, the moon beamed brightly and bounced off of Haruki's pale complexion with a soft glow.

Nighttime was always one of Haruki's favorite moments of the day, it was a time of vulnerability and peace. The world is at rest during the night time, and the untouchable twinkling stars in the sky were something Haruki's cherished since she was little.

She couldn't even count the number of times she wished upon stars as a little girl, hoping her dreams would come true.

She had vague memories of being with her father whenever she would look up at the stars, he would pick her up and stay up late with her as she babbled on and on about fairy tales and how important it was that they wish on stars to have good things happen.

She even remembers making him wish that her mom would wake up soon from the coma she was subjected to when he wouldn't listen to her true love's kiss theory, but that was their own little secret.

Haruki associated the nighttime with these fond memories, the ones she could barely hold on to any longer as time went on and the distance between herself and her dad grew.

Although it hurt her that she was beginning to really forget him, she refused to let these thoughts taint her love for him. She sometimes wondered to herself if he ever even remembered her, but she wouldn't let such thoughts last too long.

She would drive herself mad if she did.

Her dad was her world when she was little, there were hazy memories of him carrying her around Konoha for night time strolls or her having nightmares and napping by his side for comfort that sometimes wandered through it all.

So, Haruki didn't appreciate it whenever somebody took the nighttime and twisted it into something ugly, something sinister. And yet- she's standing across from the girl who did just that.

"How'd you find me? Hiding is my specialty." Sumire said, overlooking the village as Haruki stood a couple of feet away.

Haruki arched a brow, unamused by the question at hand.

"Finding people is my specialty, go figure." Haruki admitted bluntly, biting her inner cheek out of habit,

There was zero part of her that would enjoy this under normal circumstances, Haruki despised hurting others.

However, there would always be exceptions to the rule.

Well, maybe there wasn't an exception, Haruki still didn't necessarily enjoy hurting others no matter how angry she got, but there was no denying her lack of sympathy for certain individuals.

"Haruki-hime" Sumire mused, her back facing the Uchiha as she looked over the city of Konoha. "I get it now." She sighed, her purple hair flowing with the soft breeze the nighttime had to offer.

Haruki could barely blink. She was so upset, this girl who she's been suspicious of from the beginning has targeted her friends and consequently planned out an attack on her town!

Sumire made her look crazy! Her own sister couldn't believe her, chalking up this situation to jealousy which was absolutely ridiculous to Haruki.