Chapter 8 pt.2 🌟

Omg y'all look at Reiji! 😭 He makes an appearance in this chap so I thought it was fitting to post his art here! Lmao why does he look like AOT Eren with piercings I'm here for it!!

And omg I can't wait to hear what you guys gotta say abt this chap at the end!

•Runa's POV•

"Alright well, is our work done here? We apprehended the villains, found your brats, and Masahiko is healing up nicely. Whaddya say Haru wanna start heading back?" Isamu asked, blinking up at my mom curiously.

Isamu was right, weren't we all kinda done for the day? We captured the two villains, and we found Masahiko!

Unless there was a to-do list I was unaware of, I'd think it's safe to say that we can start heading back home!

Expecting my mom to be the one handing out orders, I tilt my head up at her curiously. She looks deep in thought, side eyeing my father whilst coming up with an answer for Isamu.

Is dad coming home with us as well?

Haruki seemed to have the same ideas I did, as she set her eyes on our father specifically.

"Dad! I was wondering, could you maybe come back home? Just this once!" Haruki asked, addressing him directly as she whirled around to face him with big pleading eyes.

By the look on her face I could tell how badly she wants him to say yes, and it honestly takes me by a bit of surprise.

I might've underestimated how much Haruki missed dad as well, hell, she even went against our mom just to see him!

She's always acted like our moms perfect daughter though, the one who stuck to the rules and never voiced out in concern. There was no way I could've seen this coming!

My father pauses, looking down at her with slightly widened eyes.

"I-"

"Yes, he is coming home." My mom's voice cuts through his own as she butts through the conversation, sending Haruki a comforting smile.

My father's gaze snapped to my mom almost immediately, surprised by her input. My eyes narrow, he looks like he never even agreed to that-

"Seriously?! This is great Sasuke! I've been waiting for you to take a day back in Konoha." Naruto smiled, addressing his best friend excitedly.

My suspicions heighten when my dad doesn't respond at all, he instead bores his eyes through the side of my mothers face.

For a guy who doesn't talk much, he sure looks like he has lots to say to my mom according to the look in his eyes.

She notices as well, but instead of scowling back like I was sure she would, she laughed at him.

....They're so confusing as a couple-

"You all stay here for a moment! Sasuke and I need to have a talk." My mom claimed, lending us all a bright smile before grabbing his hand and dragging him into the forestry so that they'd have their privacy.

I can't help but watch them suspiciously.

What could they possibly be catching up on that couldn't be talked about in front of the group?!

Naruto laughs off the situation "They'll be back in a little bit! Now Masahiko, do you need any help healing?" He asked, turning to my white haired brother.

Masahiko tried fending off Naruto's aid, but it was to no avail, Naruto seemed hellbent on finalizing Masahiko's healing process no matter how grumpy it'd turn him afterwards.