Chapter 12 🌟

AN: Lmao the fact that this chapter was cut in half and is still 20k words fejaffnf It's also partially unedited so if there are any mistakes dw I'll go back later and fix them up! :)

Pls make sure to comment and enjoy!

      ••Haru's POV••

Cold wooden floors, deafeningly silent rooms, cloudy skies, the threat of a thunderstorm is looming over Konoha like a bad omen. My house is no exception, pitched directly underneath grey skies.

Earlier I took a step outside, and a cool breeze drifted through the air, signaling for the weather to come.

It's not that I dislike rainy and darkened days, in fact, they're my favorite!

There's nothing better than staying home and listening to the soft drizzles of water pattering against nature, lulling even the spunkiest of people into calming naps in the comfort of their own beds.

Even in the absence of soft drizzles, in the presence of booming thunderclaps and raging downpours that wouldn't necessarily calm the average person down, I've always marveled at the gloomy atmosphere it had to offer.

I remember being fifteen and wrapping myself up in Sasuke's arms during those same rainy days, geeking out at the fact that he'd stop training momentarily and actually hang out indoors for once as a result of the harsh weather.

Granted, harsh weather rarely ever stopped him from training. It probably had more to do with me clinging onto his leg like a koala and begging to just lay down and enjoy the rain damnit!

Not much changed as I grew older. Being pregnant with Masahiko, rainy days were the best days.

Sasuke and I would take Katsuro out whenever the rain was light enough and he'd squeal in surprise every time a raindrop fell on his tiny nose. The sight always managed to cheer me up from Masahiko being an absolute menace in my growing belly

Ironically enough, my own stormy prince was born during a storm himself!

On one of May's rainiest days about fifteen years ago, Masahiko was brought into this world, only furthering my love for dreary weather. The fact that his chakra natures proved to be water and lightning only added to the irony of it all, I supposed.

The point is, I love rainy days and everything they have to offer! This rainy day, however, is probably the worst day ever!

"Day one, sadness," I mumble quietly, blinking up at my ceiling with dull eyes and hair fanned out all around me due to my sprawled out position on the floor.

Day one: four out of five of my kids are GONE!! Left the nest! They don't need me anymore! They're all grown up and-

"Haru, you've always had a flair for the dramatics but this is pathetic," Isamu stated, eyeing me with a deadpan expression as he trotted down the marvelous staircase. Behind him, one of his pups cheerily followed along.

His only female pup and one of the cutest of the bunch, if I were being a little honest and biased.

Her name is Kirei (Named by Haruki, which makes a whole lot of sense) and she's absolutely adorable, with a fluffy white coat and a single patch of black fur on her forehead which resembles a small heart.

She's Haruki's favorite as well, which is very obvious in the way she's wearing a pastel blue collar with a frilly bow on it and a small bedazzled locket with her name engraved on the center, looking like she's popped out of a princess movie with how squeaky clean and cute Haruki keeps her.