Chapter 9 🌟

Image above is of Shin Uchiha's hideout for visuals!

Warning: this chapter is over 28k+ so I hope you enjoy it!

Feel free to read in parts lmfao I'm so sorry for this much writing

••Third Person POV••

A weight off of his body, off of his head, a pressure lifted from his eyes. He felt a hindered times lighter than ever before and yet-

Why was it so hard to open his eyes now?

As Daisuke struggled with the thought he failed to notice the cold atmosphere he's been subjected to amidst his sudden consciousness.

"Daisuke."

His eyes snapped open, but when they did, he realized that he wasn't in the hospital room he expected to be in. No big soft blankets were covering his small frame, no anything!

Instead, he found himself on a beach?

At night? With the moon out?

He blinked up at the moon, both confused and entranced by the twinkling stars illuminating the dark skies.

What was going on?!

He then paused, wait, hadn't somebody called his name?

He whirled around, honestly a bit terrified at this point. Where the hell was his mom and what the hell was he doing on a beach instead of a hospital room?

To his utter bewilderment, a woman who looked like a carbon copy of his mother stood before him.

She was a bit shorter than his mom and had sleek bangs on her forehead whereas his mother's hair was parted down the middle.

Who on earth?-

"Daisuke, you don't know who I am, do you?" The woman smiled softly, bending to her knees to face him properly.

He shook his head, feeling both comforted and confused by her presence.

This woman who knew his name looked almost identical to his mom, the teeny tiny disparities between the two of them making it look like a game of spot the difference.

Of course, he knew that she was not his mom, but they must be related somehow right?

She seemed familiar to him, and it wasn't even because of her resemblance to Haru.

The woman before him reached out a hand and touched his cheek, holding it in her hand. Oddly enough he didn't flinch away or anything, feeling comforted by the warm gesture.

"My name is Luna, I'm your grandma!" She exclaimed with a small chuckle. Daisuke's eyes bulged out of his head at the news.

G-grandma?!

But his grandma's were gone! Both of them! His mom told him so!

However, he couldn't deny that the woman in front of him was the same woman he'd see in old pictures his mom would show him.

So it really was her?!

"Grandma?" Daisuke questioned with widened eyes, earning a slight nod from the Senju herself.

The word sounded foreign coming from his lips, as he never really had somebody to call "grandma" regularly.

"That's me! I'm your mom's mom!" She giggled at the thought, letting her free hand run through her ethereal pale hair.

Daisuke watched curiously as her long locks almost looked like they were glowing due to the moonlight bouncing off of it, just like his mom's hair would.