Chapter 5 🌟

Hey guys! So for reference, this chapter starts off the morning after last chap, and we're gonna go through a mini timeskip within this chapter as well so stay tuned!

And aww Baby Runa + Haru fluff in this art omg!! We're gonna need all of the extra Runa and Haru fluff we could get hehe 🤡☕️

•Runa's POV•

There's absolutely nothing anyone could try to say to me to convince me that waking up could ever be a pleasant experience. No matter how hard I try, I could never get used to the feeling of waking up with the sun in my eyes.

Sure, the lighting could be pretty, but that's as good as it ever gets!

Today was no exception, from the second I tried prying my eyes open, the glowy rays of light shone on my darkened eyes to which I audibly recoiled in disgust.

Grabbing onto my silky purple comforter, I tried hauling it up to cover my face as a shield from the run's harsh morning light.

To my discomfort however, the blanket wouldn't budge!

It was then that I became a bit more aware of my senses, now frustrated with the light in my face and the lack of cooperation from my bed, I then felt a weight on my shoulder.

Turning my head to the side to see just what the hell was going on, my squinted eyes widened at the sight of Haruki sleeping right next to me.

"Ruki?!" I ask, squinting once more and twisting around to face her properly.

Did she sneak in the middle of the night or something?!

She's still dead asleep, not budging even after I disruptively move around and call out her name.

"Ruki? Hellooo?" I ask aloud, now placing a hand on her arm and shaking her a bit. She barely budged however, slowly opening her eyes and blinking groggily at me.

"Good morning." She mumbled sleepily before shutting her eyes once more.

I deadpanned at that, now completely awake and confused.

What on earth has her so tired!?

Haruki's a total morning person, always chipper and excited to start a new day. Not once have I ever been more alert than her after waking up!

So frazzled by our shifts in demeanor, I don't even question why Haruki is in my bed in the first place!

It wouldn't be the first time I woke up with Haruki by my side, but usually she'd sneak into my room for impromptu sleepovers before she got upset with me over the Sumire situation.

Has she gotten over it?

With the thoughts still running through my head, I swing my legs off of the bed, ignoring the goosebumps that arise from my skin

I take a quick shower, scrubbing myself with my rosewater body wash before stepping back out, a fluffy towel wrapped around my body. I leave my bathroom, arching a brow at Haruki who's still dead asleep underneath my numerous blankets.

Eh, I'll give her a couple of moments before waking her up. I think to myself, dropping the towel and swiftly putting on my outfit for the day.

Since there's no class today, I opt for a cute little dress!

With pockets!

I glance back at Haruki one last time just to make sure she's still dozed off, and sure enough, she's sound asleep.

Venturing out into the rest of the house, I pass by Katsuro's room only to note how the door's wide open and he isn't in there.

Shrugging a bit at that, I trot downstairs and frown at the silence. Jeez what is up with today? Everything seems so off!