Flatline

"You can leave all that stuff here, you know," Peyton says lounging on the flight deck chair, her nose buried in a book as Clara hops up the stairs with her arms full of laundry. "We do have literally acres of room."

"Oh, no. It's all right," she shakes her head. "Danny's got a little bit territorial. The idea of me leaving so much as a toothbrush here... but still, he's all right with us doing this which I admit is a little bit weird. Cause you'd think if he had a problem with me leaving stuff in the Tardis, he'd object to me travelling in the Tardis. But he's not, so..."

Peyton frowns over the top of her book as she rambles, she's not telling the whole truth.

"Sorry, stopped listening a while ago," the Doctor says, not looking up from the monitor. "Okay, same time you left, same place... ish."

"Ish?" Clara glares. "Don't give me an ish."

"These readings are very... ishy."

Clara looks over to Peyton with a pleading expression.

The blonde woman sighs, tucking the page corner on her book and standing up, dropping the novel back on the seat before walking over to look at what the Doctor could possibly be talking about.

She grabs a handle of the monitor and pulls it away from the Doctor slightly to get a better look at it.

Just as she frowns, reading the fluctuating and confusing algorithms, the Doctor grabs the handle closes to him and pulls it back.

"Uh, you two?" Clara gets their attention, her voice an octave higher than it usually is.

"Uh-huh?" The Doctor walks around toward her, Peyton taking the opposite route around.

Peyton looks at Clara, expecting a question but when she only gets her worried eyes, she turns to the Tardis doors where she is looking.

There have been a few times in Peyton's incredibly long life that she has been truly lost for words, this now being one of them.

The doors seemingly have shrunk, literally shrunk to about fifty percent of their size.

Out of the corner of her eye, she watches Clara nudge the Doctor toward the step up to the Tardis entrance and he tentatively takes a step toward the doors.

His companions follow at a safe distance as the Time Lord crouches down to peer out of the windows before grasping the lock and turning it, pulling the door open toward him.

Peyton hears the sound of a train rumbling by and sweet birds chirping but can't see much past the Doctor's grey head.

He shifts his weight, kicking one foot out of the door before pushing his body out with a grunt.

"After you," Peyton grumbles to Clara as she see's the Doctor stand and the top half of his body disappears.

Clara, the shortest of the three manages to squeeze out with little to no trouble and Peyton quickly follows her.

"Well," the Doctor huffs as Peyton pulls the door closed out of habit. "I wonder what caused this. I don't think we're bigger, are we?"

With a flash of blue light from her sonic pen, Peyton scans the Tardis.

"Bristol?" Clara complains. "We're in Bristol?"

"The Doctor flew, not me," Peyton says as she frowns at the confusing readings before the pen is snatched off her by the Doctor to look at as he walks around the Tardis.

"And a hundred and twenty miles from where we should be. Impressive," the Doctor reasons, tossing the sonic back over the Tardis for Peyton to catch.