Dinosaurs on a Spaceship

Peyton stares up at the roof of the hut, her shoulders aching due to the angle her hands were tied to the pole behind her.

She was due to be tried for witchcraft at sunrise, which judging by the sounds of early morning birds chirping across the village was rather soon.

Her sonic pen is sitting upon a table several feet away and the Doctor had borrowed her phone before running off in his little blue box.

It's not that she didn't think the Doctor was coming back for her, but he was cutting it rather fine this time.

Movement can be heard from outside the hut, the sounds of the morning beginning for a village of witch killing brits.

Peyton felt her breaths quicken. She could talk her way out of this, she had to.

She readjusted herself best she could, her backside aching from sitting against the dirt floor all night.

The sound of wind rustling through the shaky structure only makes Peyton's mood worsen, that is until she realises that it's not wind.

In the corner of the shack, she sees the deep blue of the Tardis materialise next to the door. She rolls her eyes.

The Doctor pops his head out and looks around curiously until his eyes fall on his tied up companion.

"Where the hell have you been?" Peyton scowls.

"Busy," he shrugs, walking behind her and crouching down to untie her bonds.

"Busy? Doing what?" She says as she gets to her feet unsteadily, shaking out her wrists.

"I found a thing," the Doctor explains. "Thing is sorted. Thing is all good."

Peyton shakes her head, storming away from his to grab her sonic from the table before pointing it at him accusingly. "All night! They were going to burn me! At the stake!"

The Doctor mouths the word 'sorry' at her before the door to the shack burst open, several angry-looking Tudors rush in, causing both the Time Lords to turn to them in shock.

Peyton whips her head back to the Doctor and points at the Tardis. He nods and scurries inside.

"Gentleman," Peyton turns to them with a broad smile before following the Doctor and standing in the doorway, leaning out and looking out at their confused faces. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to reschedule. Now, try this for witchcraft,"

She slams the door in their faces just as the Doctor pulls the Tardis into flight.

Satisfied with that brilliant exit, she turns to the console but abruptly halts upon seeing a woman, dressed in rather extravagant ancient Egyptian dress standing beside the Doctor.

"Who is that?" Peyton asks, marching up the flight deck, making sure her annoyance is clear in every syllable.

"Uh, Queen Nefertiti," the Doctor says, looking nervously between the two.

"So, let me get this straight," Peyton says, adjusting the vortex shields lazily. "You had time to go to Ancient Egypt, get pally with one of the most famous pharaohs in history and decided to come pick me just before I was about to be burned alive?"

Nefertiti looks very alarmed at this information but Peyton ignores her, looking toward the Doctor.

"You told me to piss off!"