A Special Treat

today i present to you, an alternative universe chapter of our tale. i love sherlock, as many people who love doctor who do, and I love sherlock aus with the doctor who universe but for the purposes of this story, it is already established that arthur conan doyle and the sherlock stories exist within the universe so of course, the bbc sherlock would just be a tv show in canon. but today we diverge from our story and i give you this, please keep in mind that this is not canon and just a bit of fun as well as a bit more insight into peyton's job and life between the doctor. you don't really have to enjoy sherlock to enjoy this chapter really, its just a bit of fun. enjoy. 

"You will never guess who came into work today," Rory says as he enters the Pond's kitchen where his wife and best friend are sitting on the countertop drinking tea and eating the chocolate chip cookies they baked earlier.

"If it was the Doctor, you're fired for not calling us immediately," Amy says after gulping down a mouthful of tea quickly.

"First of all, you can't fire me, we're married," Rory rolls his eyes, setting his bag down and shrugging off his coat, leaving him in his pale blue scrubs. "And no, it wasn't the Doctor."

"Then who?" Peyton sighs, jumping off the countertop to lean against it instead.

"Doctor John Watson," Rory smiles widely. "You know, that man Sherlock Holmes' assistant. They've been all over the news lately, stopping bombings, remember when that guy, what was his name, tried to steal the crown jewels? They stopped him!"

"And didn't he jump off a building to prove a point?" Amy added. "Tall dark detective, mysterious too. I like him."

"Do you know what he was doing at your hospital?" Peyton ignores Amy.

"No, nothing funny had come in, he was just, talking to people. He even said hello to me, told me to call him if I saw anything suspicious. Oh, and we had some small talk, hospital stuff, I told him we travel a lot."

"Don't you know his brother?" Amy asks Peyton through a mouth full of biscuit. "The other Holmes. Something with an M? Michael? No, that's not right."

Peyton pulls out her phone and immediately opens her browser and logs into the U.N.I.T news reports. If something odd had happened, they'd know about it. However, Peyton's search ended quickly, turning up nothing that would link to the hospital where Rory works.

"Weird, well, I'm sure we'll soon see on the news," Amy says, hopping off the counter and grabbing the last cookie from the pile just as Peyton was about to grab it. She walks over to her husband before giving him a peck on the lips.

Peyton rolls her eyes as Amy lifts the cookie to Rory's mouth who takes it with a cheeky smile.

• • •

They didn't see anything on the news that night, nor the next. In fact, the three soon forgot about Dr Watson's visit and life continued on it's slow and steady pace as it always did when the Doctor wasn't around.

Peyton walks through the Tower Hill underground station with her eyes gazing down at her phone on the way to work. Most people tended to steer clear of the men and women in smart suits with their head buried in their phones or newspapers during the morning rushes so she never felt compelled to dodge around people. She knew the route well enough to do so without looking up anyway.

But on this particular day, she was interrupted by someone bumping into her.

"I'm very sorry, miss," the man says as she stumbles, dropping her phone and oyster card into the tiled floor. He picks them up and hands them to her, both of them dodging out of the way of the wave of passengers leaving the station.