Chapter #7 (Cool Off)

*MABEL*

Gideon, before taking me home to the shack, brings me to the local doctor. Within 2 hours the eight holes on my arms and the new cut on my hand are stitched and bandaged. I think there were a total of 74 stitches all together.

However, at first I was against the medical help and told Gideon, "No I can't afford this and I'm not asking Dipper's family to pay either. "

But Gideon didn't bat an eye when he said, "I wasn't gonna have you pay for it, I will."

"No you can't it's not....." I started in protest.

He gently countered, "I insist my love."

I giggled and let the doctor do the rest. Throughout the hole thing he held my good hand and would use his other to gently stroke my hair. It was so sweet and thoughtful. No one had shown this much care towards me besides Dipper. Even my own family made me feel like an unloved outcast. But Gideon was different.

Anyway, by the time I returned home it was about 5. Shit, Dipper was going to kill me.

When I walked to the door Gideon took a step back, and wouldn't come in 3 feet of the door.

"What? You a vampire or something? Because if you need permission to come in you are allowed." I mock then laugh. Then think how awesome it would be if he was.

"No it's not that." He murmurs and looks to the ground.

I go to ask what it is when the door violently swings in and there stands Dipper.

"Thank God!" He screams and hugs me. He then breaks away and holds my sholders, his eyes scanning my body. That's when he sees my bandaged hand. And everything gets chaotic.

"What's that? How did it? Did he?" Dipper harshly asks.

"No no no that's not..." I start then Gruncle Stan comes out.

"Gideon what are you doing here? Get out you no good Brat!" He says. I don't think I've ever heard him yell, but I guess there's a first time for everything.

Before I can react Dipper menacingly approaches Gideon. "Don't worry Gruncle Stan I'll take care of this trash." He threatens, shooting daggers at defenseless Gideon.

Finally I muster my courage and stand between them and Gideon.

"Enough!" I bellow and glare at the two men in front of me.

"Gruncle Stan, I understand your anger because Gideon competes with you for best attraction but Dipper, what the heck!" My eyes now only on him. "Gideon is only 13 and you want to start a fight with him! Plus he didn't do this to me!" I gesture to my hand, "he saved me when I fell off the top of an oak tree!"

Dipper looks at the floor in embarrassment while I scold him.

"Thank you Gideon but please leave." I finish. A harshness still visible in my tone even though I was not mad at him.

*DIPPER*

Mabel has never been so scary. Well at least I've never been so fearful in her presence. All I could see when I looked at her was the anger in her eyes that burned like a fire. But she had no right to be angry especially towards me! I wasn't the one who disappeared and made their best friend think they got eaten by a monster or something. Ugh and to see her with that little kid! Ugh! And I can see he likes her. The way he looked at her. Ugh it was awful it made my skin crawl. She would never go for a guy like him he was to young and too.... short. I don't know, I just know it would never happen.

But there were two good things about Mabel's absence today, first I met someone. She's a new worker in the shack and she is gorgeous. Of course to me no one is as beautiful as Mabel but she was a close second. She's 18 with beautiful long strawberry red hair and I think her name is Wendy. We talked for a little bit before she went on break then never came back.

Still she could be the girl that makes me stop thinking all that weird stuff about Mabel.

...Maybe

Secondly in the woods, while I was looking for Mabel, I found something. In a fallen tree trunk there was a dusty book. The pages consisted of monsters and secrets of this town. At first I thought it was a prank then I saw the monster that attacked Mabel or well what I thought it would look like based off her description. I took it and ran.

When she cooled off I would show her.