Chapter #11 (Destined for Disaster)

*DIPPER*

I watched her leave. It was so effortless for her to just slip through my hands as she climbed out of the car with ease and strutted to the door. I caught my own head swaying in the soundless rhythm of her hips. Shit. Shit. Shit. STOP! GAH.

I have a 'kinda' date with Wendy tomorrow, I need to pull myself out of Mabel. Just stop focusing on her and all she's doing and start working on me.

Finally after several minutes of idling in front of Gideon's house, I start to put the car into motion, maybe I could still catch some of Ducktective. However as I take the bend to leave the carbon cutout neighborhood, I notice an eerie, unnatural light leaking through the curtains of the room in the back of the house.

The cogs in my head begin to turn and spin as it concocts countless theories explaining the light's presence, most of which conclude in Gideon being evil, or attempting to corrupt Mabel with mind control, or.. or.. or really anything that would make me stay. A reason for me to storm the gates and punch that snot nose little kid in the face.

Oh God I was becoming more and more like Stan every day.

"Nope. Nope I'm not doing this. Just keep driving," my mumbles turned into growls. Starting as conductive reasoning in my head, but spewing out in growls of anger and envy. I stopped the car. I managed to make it ten feet before stopping the car again and killing the engine. I needed the silence to calm my nerves, allow my thoughts to refocus before I continued on. It was now or never. I need to decide whether what I feel for Mabel is real or fabricated, the byproduct of loneliness and our close relationship. But I wasn't alone with my thoughts in the night. There was more to the night than the moon light was willing to reveal.

I allowed my head to slam back against the decaying leather of driver's seat when a whisper caught my attention. The wind had carried a voice from Gideon's residence, and brought it to my ears. I couldn't make out the words but the tone left shivers up my back. It held a low murderous gargle, by the time the words reached my ear they truly were incomprehensible.

"Don't do this," I begged in a pleading whisper, but I never listened to myself. And I wasn't starting now.

I ditched the car in it's spot and snuck to the window, the one emitting the soft blue glow. The whispers grew into chants. They reason I couldn't understand the words before was because they were other worldly. I couldn't recognize the voice, but it sounded as though there were multiple present in the room. I also couldn't decipher whether or not one of the voices was Gideon's.

But it didn't matter. Whatever was being done in this room was in no way good, and whether it was Gideon's doing or not I in no way wanted Mabel to be a part of it. And it was in that moment that I decided I was going to follow Mabel on this date.

Wow that didn't sound as stalker-y in my head

*MABEL*

I waited several minutes before I was met with an overdressed Gideon. He sported his typical baby blue, but this time in a tailored suit fashion. His dress shirt was a rich, pristine black; not containing a single crease. His dress shoes matched the dark color, making my dingy, stained converse look out of place and awkward. So no real change there, but there was one thing that especially caught my eye: the pendant hanging from his neck.

The large jewel hung directly between his collar bones, but the jewel had to have been levitating, it appeared too big to hang so high on his weak shoulders. The blue jewel illuminated a small halo of light, enveloped in a dark steel or iron. I wasn't sure but it was an enchanting accessory, and I couldn't help but stare deep into the gem, as though it was an old friend. Or a dream from my childhood, one my mind had foolishly forgotten.