Chapter #4 (Week One)

*DIPPER*

(Again)

With in the first week I was finished with my summer reading, leaving me bored out of my mind! All I had done was unpack and move to my shared ,grimy and dusty attic space with Mabel; that featured two creaky wooden twin beds that were on opposite side of the room. It only took Mabel a matter of minutes to plaster her walls with posters of boy bands and cats and other girly stuff. Then to waste time on our day of arrival she named all the moldy spots on the ceiling. Yup that's Mabel for ya.

For most of the week she got to know my Gruncle by cheating at cards with him, watching TV, and asking about his stories and deepest secrets. All the attention Mabel gave him made him sweet on her but even harder on me! When I wasn't reading, I was paying off the so called "debt" I owed him for letting us stay in his run down shack. The jobs weren't anything out of the ordinary, they mainly consisted of cleaning the shop, putting up signs, and just being around. However he occasionally would ask me to be part of the Mystery Shack by portraying the "Pre-Teen Wolf Boy". It was odd but I still did it.

During the first week of our visit I hadn't been greeted by many towns people except Soos the handy man. He was a heavier set fellow in his mind-twenties, and from what I saw he was a nice guy who said a lot of weird, random stuff. But most of the weird stuff was gurgled under his breathe, though I honestly didn't really care.

Anyway, the week had gone by slowly leaving me exhausted by the little activity and lazy atmosphere. I prepared myself for bed ,laid down, and stared at Mabel from my bed. She was almost out, but her long glittery eyelashes would, from time to time, flutter open slightly then die down again and close.

My eyelids quickly became heavy and I faded away into the darkness, starring at the beauty I brought here with only the radiant rays of the full evening moon providing a dull light to see her in.

*MABEL*

It had been the last night of our first week and I was drained. Unlike my friend I was outside everyday exploring the woods and checking the scenery. Even though I spent all week hiking I still had more to explore, that hopefully the goober Dipper would assist me in.

With that thought in my head I drifted off into a sweet dream about kittens, unaware I was going to wake up to a nightmare.