Chapter Eight

The next day, both boys silently agreed to not bring up the previous events. George was still beyond pissed at Techno and his crew, but he knew it would cause more trouble for Dream if he confronted them.

He decided it would be best to leave the situation alone for now. That being said, he was glued to Dream's side to ensure nothing would happen to him.

The end of lunch bell rang, and the two walked to the art room. They had been working hard and were about halfway done with their project, much to both of their surprises.

While Dream went to retrieve their figure, George grabbed some spare clay Ms. Hazel had provided. He tossed the lump to Dream and took a sip from his water bottle.

"The clay is hard!" Dreams whined.

George spat out his water as Dream began laughing.

"N-No I didn't mean it like that!" Dream sputtered between wheezes.

"I was trying to get a drink, you idiot!" George chuckled, more out of awkwardness than the accidental joke.

"I bet you'd like hardened clay though." Dream winked, before letting out a loud wheeze.

"Dream!"

George sighed as Dream's wheezes grew more intense.

"I hate you so much," He muttered.

"No, you don't." George hated how he could hear Dream smiling.

"No, I don't."

It was barely audible, but it was enough to send a jolt up Dream's spine.

On the walk home, Alice kept glancing between the two, her lips curled into a small smirk. Though George seemed oblivious, Dream noticed.

"Does she know something I don't?" Dream wondered.

As they climbed the front steps, George checked to make sure the house was empty before letting the other two in.

Alice pulled a few papers out and plopped onto the ground, patting the space next to her for George to sit.

While George was helping Alice with homework, Dream shot his grandmother a quick text to let her know where he'd be.

He sat on the couch and decided to continue the sketch he'd started earlier that day, allowing his mind to wander elsewhere. After a while, Dream felt the weight of the couch shift but didn't pay it much attention.

As his focus returned to reality, he felt a pair of eyes on him. He turned and yelped upon seeing George, causing the other to flinch and hold his arms out.

Alice looked up and saw George shielding himself. She quickly stood and moved to sit beside her brother.

"What happened?" She asked, glancing at Dream in confusion.

"He scared me and I jumped," Dream explained.

George slowly lowered his arms, "Sorry."

"You're fine. If anything, it's my bad," Dream said, adjusting his mask.

"I'll be back." George shakily stood, quickly disappearing down the hall.

Alice turned to him with a look that Dream couldn't quite describe. "Please be careful, he doesn't like fast movement."

Dream nodded, "I didn't mean to."

She sighed. "I know. He really likes you; you're all he ever talks about anymore. Every time he comes home from your house, his face is bright red or he has a big, dumb grin on his face."