Chapter Two

The next morning was hell. Dream had forgotten to take a shower the night before so he had to quickly wash off and change into proper clothes. His hair refused to cooperate and he had to quickly shove his materials into his backpack.

He threw on his mask and gave his grandmother a quick hug before rushing out to the bus, which was almost ready to leave since he had taken so long. He mumbled a quick apology to the driver before advancing towards the furthest seat back he could find.

Algebra class was first up once again. He took the same spot he did yesterday and tuned in to whatever the teacher was saying.

"Today we're going to have a small assignment, it can be completed in pairs or by yourself it doesn't really matter."

Dream's eyes widened, as he knew no one would pick him and he struggled with math. He listened to the rest of the assignment details, then attempted to work on the paper presented in front of him. He grew frustrated, since he had very little clue as to what he was doing, and buried his head in his hands with a groan.

"Hey, need some help?"

Dream glanced up to see a boy hovering over his desk. He quickly looked around to make sure he wasn't talking to anyone else, then nodded slowly. "I have no clue what I'm doing."

The other boy chuckled, "It's okay, I can help you out."

He tightens the bandana wrapped around his head and pulls a chair over beside Dream.

"Okay, how far are we?" He pauses when he sees half of a question done and scribbles everywhere. "I'm glad I stopped by, damn."

Dream glances off to the side in embarrassment, "I don't know how to do math that well."

The boy giggles, "It's cool, I'm here to help. I'm Nick by the way."

Dream nods, "I'm Clay but I go by Dream."

Nick giggles again, "I'm not gonna ask, let's just get back to work Dream."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Before Dream knew it, it was lunchtime once more. He hurried into the line, just wanting to get this over with. Someone tapped him from behind and he internally groaned before turning around. There stood another kid with fluffy brown hair, glasses, and a red and black striped hoodie.

"Hi, I was wondering if you'd like to sit with my friends and I today? I saw you alone yesterday and figured since you're new you might not have anyone to sit with yet!"

Dreams eyes widened as a mixed feeling of nervousness and excitement bubbled up within him.

"S-sure," He stuttered, not expecting anyone else to talk to him today.

"Awesome! We can grab our food and I'll take you over to our table!" The boy gave a toothy grin and stepped up closer to him.

Dream was in awe. No school he had ever been to was as friendly as this one and he really appreciated it. They grabbed their food and the kid led him over to a table, "I brought him guys!"

Dream's eyes widened as he saw Nick, the boy from yesterday, and another boy he'd never seen before occupying the chairs on the right. The boy from yesterday gave a small wave, Nick smiled and greeted Dream, and the other boy jumped up from his chair.

"Dude, we finally have another person!"

The boy with glasses laughed, "We sure do. Now sit down Zak, people are gonna think you're crazy"