Chapter Thirteen

Final chapter, let's do this

George's pounding heartbeat echoed through his ears as he entered the building. He had one person in mind, and that person only.

His determination twisted into a sense of dread the moment the school doors clicked shut behind him. The need to find Dream grew more urgent with every step he took.

Soon, the bell rang, leaving his search unsuccessful.

"Guess I'll catch him later," George frowned as he scrambled to the other side of the building, still keeping an eye out for the masked boy.

As classes began, George had no interest in the lesson and instead let his mind wander to his and Darryl's conversation the night before.

————————————————

George slung an arm over his face, allowing his entire weight to sink into the mattress. Dream was right, he'd been treating him horribly. Guilt creeped up George's spine as he tried to come up with an excuse for the sudden anger towards his friend.

He didn't have to think too hard though, the answer was right in front of him.

Just as he reached for the sealed bottle beside his bed, his phone rang loudly, startling the poor boy. He fumbled around for the device before sliding a shaky finger across the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey George, what's up?" Darryl's chipper voice echoed through the room.

George retracted his hand from the bottle and returned to his original spot. "Nothing much man, just watching tv."

That wasn't a total lie. He had been focused on the tv before his thoughts returned to a certain dirty-blond.

"I see. Well, I heard you and Dream are having issues?"

He sucked in a harsh breath, "No? Where'd you hear that?"

"George, I love you, but you're a terrible liar."

He huffed and switched the phone to speaker, setting it down on his bed.

"Fine. So what if we're having issues? It's his fault anyway," George mumbled.

"Is it? Or are you trying to convince yourself it is?"

George chewed on his lower lip. Darryl knew him too well, but he was standing his ground.

"He yelled at me!" George argued.

"Did you deserve it?"

"..."

"George?"

"I might have been a little hateful."

"A little? Oh George, you have no idea how badly you've hurt Dream."

"Trust me, I have a clue," He mumbled bitterly.

"He's come crying to me more than once because of how you've treated him. He misses you George, and he blames himself for opening up to you."

George gulped; he hadn't been that cold, had he?"

"Is...is Dream okay?" He asked quietly.

He knew it was a dumb question the moment an exasperated sigh came from the other end of the line.

"No, he's not okay. You need to put your pride aside for once and apologize, let him know you still care."