Chapter Four

Dream rushed into English minutes before class started. He had woken up late and the bus had already passed, so he had walked to school. He collapsed into his seat tiredly, ignoring Techno's burning glare.

The seat to the right of him scooted back, and he turned to be met by Zak. As the other set his backpack down, Dream still felt a little awkward about yesterday. On the other hand, he felt safer with Zak by him.

"Hi!" Zak waved, grinning.

Dream smiled and waved back.

"You were later than usual, and Techno came in right before you did. Nothing happened, right?" Zak asked, seemingly scanning him for injuries.

"No, I woke up late and had to walk. I missed Algebra, which I'm not complaining," Dream joked.

"Well, if anything happens, don't hesitate to tell any of us."

Dream nodded and turned his attention to the teacher, who was explaining the worksheet for today. Once it had been passed out, he got to work.

A few minutes later, he was done and slid the sheet into his binder. He glanced at Zak's paper, he had barely done the first question.

"Need help?" Dream asked.

Zak looked at him in disbelief, "There's no way you're already done, this shit is hard!"

He snickered, "Not really, you just don't pay attention."

"I do too! Now, are you going to help me or not?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. What do you need help on?"

The two worked together until Zak understood and finished the worksheet. They chatted until class was over, then said their goodbyes and went separate ways.

The lunch bell rang, allowing Dream to leave Civics; which he barely understood anyways, and head to the cafeteria. He caught Nick in line, and the two got their lunches before walking to the table.

George, Zak, and Darryl were already seated. Darryl had his arms around Zak's waist, while George was reaching towards Zak (most likely to smack him).

The two sat opposite of the others and watched the chaos.

Zak noticed them first, and after leaning further back to avoid George's arm, he grinned at them. George retracted his arm and went back to eating his lunch, causing Nick and Dream to giggle.

"We caught you Georgie, no hiding now," Nick teased.

"It's chaos when we're not around, isn't it?" Dream asked.

"George is literally trying to kill me!" Zak screeched, leaning further into Darryl.

"Not true!" George protested, shoving macaroni into his mouth.

Dream rolled his eyes and began eating as well.

They spent the entire lunch listening to George and Zak bicker back and forth, then went outside for the remainder of the period.

Dream noticed Zak seemed to always be close to Darryl. Whether he was laying on him, or their shoulders were touching, they always seemed to be near each other.

Dream suspected they were dating, but didn't want to ask, since it'd be awkward if they weren't.

While the four talked amongst themselves, Dream began sketching on a fresh page. He had spaced out for a little while, so when he finally looked at what he'd drawn, he smiled.

It was of the five of them, almost exactly as the scene that lay before him.

"-right Dream?"