Chapter One

Dream took a deep breath in and slowly let it out. He was at yet another new school. He thought he wouldn't be nervous anymore with the amount of times he's done this, yet the feeling still clung to him.  He tried to shake it off and focus on the present. No one seemed to have noticed him yet, that's good.

Since the school doors hadn't opened yet, he was forced to sit outside and wait. He took shelter under one of the trees in the schoolyard and decided to pull out a small sketchbook from his bag.

The page of doodles he had been working on greeted him. He wasn't the best at art, but he was getting better. His pencil moved smoothly along the page, as he centered his focus on one specific doodle.

The pencil was jerked to the side as the bell went off, signaling the students could go inside. He glared at the line across his drawing and with an annoyed sigh, he put away his sketchbook. Hopefully the line wouldn't be too hard to fix.

His anxiety spiked the second he stepped into the building. A few people had turned to look at him, some with confused expressions, but nothing was said. He was grateful that they had kept their mouths shut as he didn't want to deal with people this early.

He slunk his way through the halls, avoiding the other students burning gazes the best he could. He glanced at each sign outside the classrooms, trying to catch sight of the math class. He paused and stared in confusion as he noticed there were two of every class, each across the hall from the other.

"They must have a lot of students here," He thought and continued walking down what seemed to be the endless hall.

He grew perplexed as he noticed there were other halls connecting to the one he was standing in. He scanned down each hall the best he could. Down one hall led to what appeared to be the lunchroom and down the other were more classrooms lined up, seemingly taunting him.

He patted his pockets for the schedule he had shoved in there earlier but to his dismay, it was gone. He rolled his eyes and kept walking down the hall, hoping it was the right one.

After a little bit of exploration and being five minutes late, he was seated in the first class of the day, Algebra. The farthest seat to the back had been almost calling his name. Since no one else had chosen it, he claimed it and set his stuff down. A few glances were cast his way but he quickly shrugged them off.

First days were always boring. Most schools had the same basic rules. Don't eat in class, raise your hand to answer questions,  if you have to use the bathroom go before class, same old boring shit. Dream stopped listening after his name had been called for roll and decided to observe the room around him instead.

The walls were a nice sky blue colour, math posters lining them. The floor was dark grey marble, that was a unique touch. A few windows were on the walls, pastel blue curtains hiding the outside world from his view. The door was just regular dark wood, same as most of the other schools. His gaze eventually landed back on the teacher, who was still talking about who knows what. He eventually pulled out his sketchbook and started a new page, deciding to doodle his way through class.

After another painfully long hour, he was finally released from the class. He quickly gathered his things and slung his backpack over his shoulder. As he walked through the halls, he scanned for an English class. Luckily, it was only 3 doors down and he didn't get lost like before.

Walking up to the door, he realized the teacher wasn't in yet so he set his backpack down and leaned against the wall. People stared as they walked by, but he only gave a small wave and a nod, nervousness bubbling in his chest. He had been pretty lucky so far, but the taunting was sure to come.