Put Me Out

Harry's green eyes rake over himself one last time as he gazes into the mirror. A pair of red suspenders hold up baggy, blue cargo pants, and a plastic yellow firefighter hat sits on his curly mop of brown hair. Admittedly, Harry probably should've gotten a light fake tan to make him look a little more muscular than he already is.

Sighing, he decides this is as good as he's going to look. He makes one last sweep around the room, making sure he hasn't left anything he'll need before leaving.

"What are you wearing," Niall asks. Harry looks up and sees Niall standing in his doorway wearing a ridiculous outfit. A long top hat sits on his head with a green strap around the middle. Black slacks cover his legs, and he wears a green pin-stripe suit jacket that reveals his chest underneath.

"What are you wearing," Harry shoots back as he looks at his best friend. Niall's shoulders sag as he looks Harry up and down.

"I'm the Once Ler. You said we were going to go as the Once Ler and Willy Wonka... you know from TikTok," Niall explains. Harry shakes his head, not remembering the conversation at all.

"I have no clue what you're talking about, Dude," Harry says as he continues past him.

He stops as he sees Louis standing in between the kitchen and living room. One of his hands is tucked into a pair of matching blue cargo pants. Louis' slight tan compliments the red suspenders better than Harry's paler skin does. The yellow plastic hat sits on the back of his head as Louis stares down at his phone.

Harry feels a pull in his stomach as Louis looks up at him and smiles cheerfully. The smile quickly shifts into a smirk as he gives Harry a once-over. "Lookin' fit," Louis cheers.

"Wait, you two are...," Niall stammers. Harry turns to look at Niall, who stands in the hallway looking between the two of them.

"Yeah, Louis and I are going as sexy firefighters," Harry explains impatiently. He doesn't understand what's so hard to get about the costumes. He and Louis are dressed identically, so, obviously, they're a pair.

"Once Ler? Looks nice, Ni. You got someone to be the Lorax or Willy Wonka," Louis asks. Harry doesn't understand anything Louis says.

"Don't call me Ni." Niall spits, "And I did, but I guess he forgot. So, no." Louis flinches at Niall's bitter tone.

"Hey, chill the fuck out, Niall," Harry shouts. Niall looks between the two of them, shaking his head. Harry has no clue what's gotten into the guy as he angrily storms out of the apartment. Harry turns to Louis and rolls his eyes.

"I have no clue what his fucking problem is. Are you ready to go," Harry sighs?

Louis nods, "The Uber is waiting outside."

~_~_~

The party is already in full swing by the time the pair arrive. People sit scattered across the lawn in various costumes with drinks in their hands. Harry pays the Uber before exiting the car and starting up the stairs to the frat house.

"Hey, Harry," people cheer as he walks by. Harry gives them waves as he walks past, not knowing some of them. The perks of not being in a frat, but being hot enough and rich enough to be in one, is the ability to go to any of the frats' parties without causing problems.

"Yo, Haz, looking hot," Someone slurs as they open the door. Harry recognizes the man as one of the senior frat brothers.

"Thanks, man. Have the DG girls gotten here yet," Harry questions? The brother nods inside the house as he takes another sloppy sip out of his red solo cup. Harry thanks him and heads inside, Louis not far behind.