The Romeo to My Romeo

Harry's enjoying his first day off since he's returned from his vacation. The last couple of days have been filled with catching up on work for his college classes, but, thankfully, he's not too far behind, or else it would've just given his father one more thing to bitch about at their next family dinner. 

Some reality show plays in the background as Harry scrolls through his phone. The girls complaining on TV about their manicure makes good background noise for the ones doing TikTok dances on his fyp, Harry decides. 

His thumb presses the 'like' button as he sees a girl throw it back, but before he can go to the comments section he gets an incoming facetime call from Louis. Sighing, Harry presses 'accept' and watches as Louis' face takes over his screen. 

"What now," Harry sighs. 

Louis appears to be sitting on a balcony. He can't exactly work out Louis' exact location, but Harry can tell he's outside. The wind ruffles his, already, feathery brown hair and he can hear the light howl of the wind through his Airpods. Thankfully, white earbuds sit in Louis' ear too, blocking out the disruptive breeze and the busy streets. Harry notices a sparkle in Louis' blue eyes, presumably from the sun. Quickly, Harry tears his attention away from the screen and glances down at his own lap. 

"I don't appreciate the attitude. I've called to tell my handsome husband good afternoon, as I've slept in all morning and missed the 'good morning' message. To make up for my tardiness, I decided a facetime call would be in order. Now, let's start again," Louis replies curtly. Harry rolls his eyes as Louis, dramatically, clears his throat. 

He continues, "Good afternoon Harry, the love of my life, my rock, the Romeo to my Romeo."

"Alright, alright, I get it," Harry says, cutting Louis off. Green eyes watch as Louis' thin lips pucker up, and throw him a kiss. Startled, Harry furrows his eyebrows and rolls his eyes, but he isn't able to tuck away the smile that rests on the edges of his lips. As annoying and over-the-top Louis can be, Harry appreciates the consistency. 

"So, what are you up to then, mate," Louis questions. Harry watches as the scenery shifts and the camera jumps in Louis' hand a little bit as Louis moves back inside the hotel room. 

"I'm just watching TikTok and sitting on my couch. Why," Harry replies. Louis glitches on the other end for a second and there's a giant blur on the screen as Louis moves around. The sight nearly gives Harry a headache, but it stops after a minute and Louis appears in a car. 

"Sorry, I've got to get some shopping done. I don't know anyone here, how sad and depressing my life is. If only there was someone I knew that I could talk to and spend time with. Alas, here I am, alone in a city... alone," Louis pouts as he sets the camera up. Harry's eyes are glued to Louis as a smile lights up his face. 

Harry watches, mesmerized, as Louis puts the car in reverse. For a second, Harry's fixated on Louis as he stretches to look behind him as he backs up. His eyes flick to the bottom of Louis' shirt that rises up and exposes a little bit of golden skin. Just as Louis starts to turn back towards the camera, Harry turns his attention to a spot on his apartment wall. 

"Sounds like you have a lot of time to work on getting that visa squared away," Harry sighs, trying to turn the attention away from them being together. 

"Come on, Harry, would it be that bad if I stayed for a little bit? We could get into loads of trouble. Besides, I still haven't been to LA and I heard the birds there are mad," Louis says in a sing-song voice. 

"I don't think the birds are angry? They're just pigeons."

Louis breaks out into a fit of laughter as he drives. Sun shines in through the sunroof of the car, lighting up Louis' smile and eyes. Harry shakes his head, a cloud of anger falling over him as he realizes that Louis' laughing at him. 

"If you're gonna laugh at me I'm going to hang up," Harry threatens. Louis' laughter echoes through the car and speakers, filling up Harry's ears with the sound of a laugh. The only emotion that Harry can produce, however, is anger. 

Just as Harry's thumb hovers over the 'end call' button, Louis' laughter dies down enough for him to speak, "Birds are girls, Harry. I don't mean actual birds. It's slang. 'Mad' doesn't mean angry either, mad like hot." 

"I don't understand," Harry continues, utterly confused over what Louis' trying to say. 

Louis straightens up, his eyes glancing from the road to the camera. "The girls are hot," Louis explains in an overly-American accent. The words are like knives to Harry's ear. 

"You didn't have to do that. Your American accent is ass," Harry comments, a trace of bitterness on his tongue. 

"You're ass," Louis shoots back. Harry rolls his eyes at Louis' childishness. "Honestly though, are you going to let me come see you in LA," Louis questions as he steps out of his car. He holds the camera high and gives Harry a big grin as he runs a hand through his hair, the sun casting a warm glow against his cheeks. 

Harry considers this thought for a moment. Los Angeles is a big town with loads of people. There's no guarantee anything has to happen at all if Louis comes to town. He can't force Harry's address out of him, so it's not like he even has to know where Harry lives if Harry doesn't want him to. 

Sighing, Harry decides, "Whatever, fine." 

Harry watches as Louis slides into the car. "Looks like I have a drive to make," Louis says happily right before the call ends. 

~_~_~

Hey guys. Sorry the update wasn't sooner. I have less and less free time now and I'm trying to spend some time with my friends and family yk? I do have a lot planned with this tho so don't worry hehe. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! ~B