~ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

A/N:
Sorry for another late upload- I was busy with spending as much time as possible with my family. I hope everyone had a great and safe Christmas and a happy new year! hopefully 2021 will be much better.

Lydia stood in front of Derry's congregational church, staring at the almost intimidating building she had stopped in front of while out trying to find Richie

Lydia stood in front of Derry's congregational church, staring at the almost intimidating building she had stopped in front of while out trying to find Richie. She had barely ever went inside the church before, only going in when the losers club were waiting for Stanley, or she was helping Stan with his speech for his Bar Mitzvah.

"Lydia!"  Young Richie shouted, ignoring the stares from the people around him and his mother shaking her head as he ran up to Lydia.

She stood far in the back, away from the crowd of people and nervously fiddling with her dress. It wasn't as fancy as the other kids who stood with their moms, but it was all she had. Upon hearing her name being shouted, she dropped the bit of the dress she was fiddling with and looked up, seeing Richie running towards her in his light blue suit.

Lydia rolled her eyes but smiled at him, "Hey Rich."

"I didn't think you'd come. No one else is here..." Richie told her, glancing around at everyone standing outside the church, waiting for Stanley's father to let everyone in.

"Do you think it's because of the fight... between you and Bill? I mean- none of us have spoken much since.." Lydia asked

Richie shook his head "no ones spoken to me. I get that I messed up but, why did everyone have to go against me?"

"Look, we all know it won't last forever. We'll be talking again in a week or so, everyone just needs some time. We've all been stuck together, fighting a killer clown and trying to stay alive since we got off school for summer break, I think everyone just needs to have some time alone. Or at least somewhat alone.." Lyds told him quietly, watching as all the adults were finally let in. "We should go in."

"This is going to be fucking boring. I'd rather have school than listen to this shit" Richie groaned

"I feel bad for Stan.." Lydia mumbled.

"Stan? Why? We're the ones who have to sit and listen to all this shit without a choice, he chose to do it."

"That's the thing. He didn't. He doesn't even want to do this, he just has to because of his dad. You saw how much work he put into memorising that speech and it was all for his dad. Do you think he actually looked happy learning that stuff? Cause I sure didn't. He doesn't deserve to be forced into stuff like this, he should be able to live how he likes and make his own choices. I get that he's young and his parents should have a say but it's a lifelong choice, realistically it's going to affect him more than them, they have no right to just choose his life like that. Especially when it doesn't make him happy." Lydia ranted, though she made sure to stay quiet as the two had stood in a line, waiting to get in and be greeted by Stanley's parents who stood at the entrance of the door, smiling at everyone and thanking them for coming.