~ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

"Tomorrow

"Tomorrow. I need you, all of you. I'll send you all the details. See you then." Mike answered before hanging up.

Lydia slowly brought her phone down from her ear and looked back down at her palm.

What was the truth?

Why couldn't she remember anything?

Why couldn't the others remember anything?

What were they supposed to remember?

Lydia's head felt sore from the hundreds of questions she had coming through.

Nothing made any sense.

She lifted her phone back up to her eyesight, opened her contact list and scrolled down to the letter 'R' and held her thumb over Richie's contact.

But right when she went to call him, the name below it caught her eye.

Stanley.

Mike had said he called him, so he was awake.

But Stan and Lydia hadn't spoke in months...

Lydia looked at the two names and took a deep breath before clicking one of the contacts.

~~~~~~

Across town, Stan had just gotten his call. He sat on the couch of his empty house and looked at the puzzle sitting on the table in front of him, one piece missing.

He only started the puzzle to get his mind of Lydia. To distract him from how silent and empty his house was. The silence almost drove him insane, not hearing Lydia laugh at Mia or Connor doing something silly or Mia waking them up every morning, he hated it.

Stan wasn't ready to fight IT again.

He felt he was too weak.

He wasn't brave enough.

Stan closed his eyes as he felt tears start to come up, but when he closed them all he could see was Lydia.

You can't mess this up.

If you go you would only bring her and the others down.

You can't risk her getting hurt.

The kids need her more than you.