~ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

A/N; I'm sorry for slow updates, this chapter was so hard to write and fit Lydia into, it may not be the best

Lydia stood at her front door, her suitcase by her side as she looked around at the tidy house.

She didn't know if this was going to be the last time she ever would see this house. Something told her she'd be gone a while.

Maybe forever, she wasn't sure. She just had a feeling she had to take it all in.

So she did...

For a little while at least until a loud and long car horn made her flinch and turn around, seeing Connor leaning over the front seat to reach the horn as he laughed.

Lydia let out a soft laugh and got into her car, turning to the two kids who were still laughing "and who's idea was that?" Lydia asked with a smile

Mia and Connor both pointed at the other, causing Lydia to laugh and turn around.

and she started her drive...

~~~~~~~

Lydia finally arrived at the location Mike had sent her but she stayed sitting in the car, looking ahead of her. She had been driving almost all day and it was now dark outside, and Connor and Mia had already been left off with the babysitter. Lydia hated the silence, she hadn't been without the kids in a long time and with her not knowing how long she would be stuck in Derry didn't help..

A loud knock on Lydia's window caused her to jump and let out a gasp as she turned to look. Outside her car stood Richie, his laughter being heard from inside the car. Lydia rolled her eyes and picked up her handbag, opening up her car door and getting out "Very funny, Rich" she spoke sarcastically as she locked her car and turned to him.

"why thank you Lyds, I thought it was pretty funny too" Richie replied, earning a look from Lydia "I haven't seen you in a while.. how are you?" Rich asked, changing conversation. Lydia sighed and looked down at her hands

"well, lets see, I just left Connor and Mia off with the babysitter, they were confused and Connor was worried, I couldn't answer them when they asked when I would be back because I had no idea and couldn't lie to them, I haven't seen Stan since.. well since everything happened, I don't know what I'm doing here or why I had to come back, I have about a thousand questions running through my head right now and know the answer to about two."

Richie went slightly wide eyed at how fast she had spoke "what are the two answers you know? Its more than I know" Rich questioned. Lydia shrugged and began to walk away "that I need food and alcohol right now" she answered.

Richie laughed and followed after her but they both stopped when they saw a woman with short ginger hair and a guy, who Lydia couldn't recognise hugging outside the restaurant.