31. unfair

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

I sat on my bed cuddling with the blanket, trying to stop crying but I couldn't. Jugyeong's words were audible in my ears.
Yes Jugyeong had slapped me. She screamed and cried in front of me while I just stood sniffing and looking down, not being able to meet the older girl's wet eyes. Wanting to delete my existence, I covered my body with the soft yet wet blanket and tried breathing properly through my sobs.

"How could you do this to me? You knew I liked Jay, Jiwoo. Just how? How could you act like a bitch with your cousin? I hate you."

I hid my face with my hands feeling horrible. Guilt was all I felt and I didn't know how to calm myself. Continuing to sob I started whining about my life with my muffled voice. "Vwhy ddu ai auvways shufferh?" Even I couldn't understand what I was saying. It was supposed to be a good day. But here I am, crying.

The door of my room opened slowly revealing a tiny Jay peeking. I looked at him with my red eyes and quickly looked away. No I don't want him to see me like this. "No don't come now, I look ugly." Clearing my voice, I shook my hands telling him to not come towards me but little did he listen to me. He slowly made his way with the tissue box and sat in front of me while I looked down sniffing.

I felt his hand hold my chin making me look up to meet his soft eyes. But somehow they made me feel even worse, I shut my eyes tightly letting a thick droplet of tear fall. "Hey hey stop crying.." Jay caressed my cheeks rubbing the salty tears as I took his other hand. "I feel so bad Jay." He didn't say anything, rather I felt him slowly pulling me into the softest hug ever.

I rested my head on his shoulder closing my eyes, still softly crying. He calmly patted my back as I hid myself in his big hug. "Shhh don't cry anymore, it's gonna be alright." He kissed my hair as I let go off his hug and looked at him with my swollen eyes. "Am I that bad? Did I really do wrong to Jugyeong?" I asked him with all seriousness. He stared deep into my eyes making me no longer be able to stare back. "You didn't do anything wrong Jiwoo, everyone should know that I like only you."

I felt myself heat up at his reply as I blinked a couple times looking away. He came closer to me rubbing my tears as I looked at everything but him. "Jiwoo you look so adorable right now. But that doesn't mean I wanna keep seeing you cry. So you better stop it or I'll kiss you." I chuckled shyly at him before pulling a straight face. "I don't want your kisses." I slowly said loud enough for Jay to hear. He narrowed his eyes before thinking something.

"You do remember what caused our first kiss right?" He smirked making his face come closer to me as I moved back a bit regretting what I had said. "Uh no I don't remember-" Before I could finish my sentence I felt him giving me a peck and immediately pulling away leaving me in disappointment. "Do you want me to remind you then?" Still in disappointment I looked at him seriously before grabbing his collar. "Yes please."

And now it was me who pulled him in for a kiss. He was shocked at first but soon gave in kissing me back as I smiled between the kiss. It was passionate and full of love. I caressed his cheeks with my small hands not wanting to let go. "Jiwoo are you- holy shit." I quickly pushed Jay away leading him to fall from the bed. We both were embarrassed. I hid my small body below the covers again and tried forgetting what just happened. While Jungwon just stood there questioning his existence.

"I-i will l-leave now." I heard Jay as he stood up slightly rubbing his back. He quickly made his way out of the room as I sat there scratching my head. Awkwardly letting out a laugh I finally looked at Jungwon. "Uhh do you need anything?" He finally came alive and walked his way to my bed like a dead zombie. "Yes I need a short time memory loss "

I bit my lips as my face slowly turned green. "S-sorry." "Don't be sorry, I'm happy that you guys did all these but," Embarrassment What the heck Jungwon what do you mean? "But lock your door I guess, I might need to replace my eyes after that unholy sight."

-

Jugyeong's POV

I walked along the quiet chilly road. It was about midnight now. I sniffled a couple of times wiping my tears and then bringing out the phone. Like I had expected, not a single text from either Jay or Jiwoo. But atleast someone cared for me.

Sunghoon :
Hey

Come home

It's not safe.

I closed my eyes as I entered the park. Making my way to the swing, I sat on one of the chairs slowly moving along with it. "This year won't be that good I guess." I whispered looking down at my hand. But why her? I would have never done that to her. How could someone be so heartless towards their cousin?

I guess life actually is pretty unfair. But still, why her out of everyone? Why couldn't Jay like me? I've been by his side for the past one year. And this is what I get in return? Great.

I dialed on a number, put the phone beside my ear and waited for it to be taken. And soon someone took the call. "Doctor Kim?" I asked to make sure it was her or not. "Jugyeong I'm also your aunt. You don't have to call me doctor always."

"Ma'am is he fine?" I ignored her and continued asking. Hoping to get a positive response I gripped my clothes tightly. "I'm afraid he's not, you should come visit him someday Jugyeong. He wants to see you." I bit my lip closing my eyes tightly trying not to cry. "I'll visit him... someday. Thanks for taking care of him ma'am." I was about to cut the call but froze at her last response.

"I'm afraid your father won't be able to make it Jugyeong. Visit him before it's too late."

| | • • • • • | |

I totally wasn't laughing when y'all snapped at Jugyeong, oop I'm so evil 🙈

Also I'll update again later cuz idk

And I really want this book to hit 10k reads before it ends 😣