33. ignoring

| | • • • • • | |

Jay's POV

I stood there confused. Why was Jugyeong in the hospital? She looked fine tho. She isn't sick probably but to just get rid of my curiosity, I walked towards the room she entered. "Here." I handed over the car keys to Somin as she took it excitedly and left the place. Almost about to open the door, I got stopped by an elderly woman's voice. "Who are you, mister?"

I looked over to see a middle aged woman in her doctor's apron. Slightly bowing I introduced myself to her. "I'm Jay. Do you perhaps know what happened to the girl staying in this room?" I pointed at the room and looked at her searching for an answer. "Oh so you're Jay... I see. Let's have a talk young lad." Huh?

"Uhh okay?"

-

Jiwoo's POV

I just woke up from my beauty nap and omg my dark circles be darker than the future. I stared at my non existent dark circles for about 30 minutes regretting my existence before finally pulling myself together. Yes I'm going on my first ever date with Jay today and not gonna lie, I'll probably freak out and embarrass myself in the middle of the date.

Going through my closet I picked up my favourite outfit which were a lavender coloured top and paired with white jeans and a white sweater on top cuz too cold. Trying to get my nerves to calm down, I looked at the time while chucking down some warm yet cold water. 6:26pm. Jay just be here any moment since he was supposed to come pick me up by 6:30.

I got out of the dorm with the hope to find an ethereal looking Jay smiling at me but nop. I found no one. With a question mark in my head I walked around for a bit while waiting for him to come.

6:50pm

He still wasn't here. I was gonna call him but his phone was apparently switched off. I'm sure he didn't forget it. He wouldn't. He can't. It's our first date. He cannot possibly mess it up. I tried calling Heeseung to see if he knew where Jay was or not but he didn't have any idea. "Come on Jay..." I slowly said dialing his number again. But switched off again.

Almost an hour went by, still no clue where Jay is. It was too chilly so I came back to the dorm. Jungwon decided to hang out with me in the meantime. "Are you sure the date was today?" He said while I looked down at my phone sadly. "Jungwon it's our first date. Why'd I be mistaken?" He sighed and laid down on the couch. "Where are you man?" I looked down my window to see whether he was there or not but he wasn't. Is he really gonna skip it? Finally giving up, I changed my clothes and went to my room locking it.

"How could you not come Jay..." I sighed as I felt a pain in my chest but shrugging it away I hid myself under the thick blanket.

-

Jay's POV

"I hope you understood what I meant Jay." I heard the doctor say from behind as my emotionless body set foot outside the room. I had so many questions but no one to answer. Her words rang in my ears breaking my heart every single time.

She's gonna lose her father Jay.

And I'm afraid it'll traumatize her.

Her mom gave up on her after seeing her father's condition. She worked overtime for the payment instead of asking for help.

She's mentally sick Jay, help her please.

Please stay with her...

Don't let her take any wrong decision.

Be with her. Please I beg you...

Everything was so complicated. And I didn't know what to do. Walking down the cold alley all sorts of thoughts went through my mind. I felt bad. Bad for Jugyeong. She was going through so much and I didn't even know. She was my best friend after all. And I'm willing to do anything for her.

I sighed in distress as I took out my phone only to see texts and calls from Jiwoo. And then I remembered. It was supposed to be our first date. I quickly ran my hand through my hair realizing how hurt Jiwoo must be right now but my mind wasn't working. Instead of doing anything I just walked to my dorm and stayed without answering any of my girlfriend's calls.

"I'm sorry Jiwoo."

-

Jiwoo's POV

Morning came as I woke up with dark swollen eyes. The dark circles which were non existent yesterday decided to exist from today. Not caring about that I got into my outfit and checked my phone but no texts from him. But he read them and decided to seen zone me. "Huh?" I was so confused. What happened yesterday?

While walking to my school I found no Jay or anyone else. Did the entire world abolish itself in just one night? But my question found an answer after I saw a student entering the campus. I entered the class and there he was. Jay was sitting right next to Sunghoon. He kept his head down and I walked towards him.

"Jay." I coldly said waiting for him to respond nicely but only got a 'hmm' in return. I frowned my eyebrows seeing his behavior and looked at Sunghoon who was equally shocked as I was. "Come on, I need an explanation for yesterday." Before I could grab his arm, the teacher entered the room making me continue living in the huge suspense.

After a round of four classes straight I saw him again, taking his book out from his locker. "Jay!" I called his name out but he only looked over at me without giving any replies. Making my way quickly towards him, I grabbed his hand not letting him leave. "Are you ignoring me?"

"No." I felt his emotionless voice prick me as he seperated my arm from his. My eyes widened at his action and I was hurt at this point. But he just shrugged it off leaving the scene.

-

I followed him after school since he didn't want to walk with me I guess. Sunghoon, who was walking right beside me gestured me to follow him to their dorm and talk it out and so I did it. "Wait Jay!" I shouted entering the dorm but he completely ignored me. Wait. Is he trying to do the 'ignoring my significant other' challenge? "Jay you're pranking right?" I quickened my pace as I walked behind him before he finally stopped. "I know you're pranking me-"

"Jiwoo can you stop bugging me? Please." I stopped in my path freezing after hearing his comment. I don't care now. I don't care if he's pranking or is legit right now. My heart broke seeing him act so cold towards me. He was about to leave me alone but stopped.

"Did I do something wrong Jay? Why are you hurting me?" My voice cracked as I broke into tears in front of the cold boy.

| | • • • • • | |

Jay bad boy TT