9. friends

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

"Calm down Jugyeong. I was saying it just for fun." I didn't think Jugyeong would get this angry. Like I'm not even that angry myself.

"Uhh I'm sorry. I'm just a bit tired and I've heard that thing for like three times this week that's why it was irritating. I'm sorry if I was rude." Jugyeong soon apologized. "It's alright. Don't worry."

"Now that we're done playing, I think everyone's tired. We should probably sleep soon. It's past midnight." Heeseung started grabbing the babies to put them to bed since it was really late and we all agreed with him.

-

"Jugyeong can you please come out quickly? We're gonna be late." I kept knocking on the door. She was taking so long in the washroom. Finally the door opened revealing a fully ready Jugyeong. "Shouldn't I be saying the same thing? I'm ready girl whereas you just woke up." She crossed her arms making me roll my eyes as I closed the door in front of her face.

"I'll be done in 15 minutes." I shouted only to hear a sigh from the other side of the door. Being late for school was one of my old habits. Obviously, sleeping late makes me wake up late. What can we expect? It was freezing so I hurried and quickly wore a grey turtle neck sweater with a pair of black ripped jeans. All ready to finally go.

"Gosh girls come quick." Me and Jugyeong quickly locked the door and went outside. The boys were waiting for us. "Why are y'all waiting for us?" I said out as Sunghoon replied. "Cuz we wanted to get punished together. Now hurry up." We all speed walked to avoid detention. And when we reached the school, first period had already started. Luckily our P.E. teacher was good enough to consider.

Jay, Jugyeong, Sunghoon and I quickly made our way to our first class since we had the same classes. But I stopped midway. "Guys wait." The all looked back annoyed. "Why don't we just skip this class? It's gonna end in like 10 minutes anyways." I gave them a cheesy smile and they sighed. "She does have a point." Sunghoon agreed with me. Ahh my brain works in these kind of cases. "Umm no exam starts this month. We shouldn't skip the class." Nerd Jugyeong mode on while I just rolled my eyes.

Jay nodded as they carried on walking to the class. I sighed and continued following them. So did Sunghoon. The moment we were about to enter the class we heard the teacher saying, "Students the exams are from next week. Best of luck." Never have I regretted my existence so bad. "Great." Jay muttered entering the class as the second class started.

I was literally going through a mental breakdown currently. I wasn't a bad student. Well maybe I liked skipping class but I'm usually serious about studies like Jungwon. But my procrastinating ass made me look like a bad student most of the time.

-

The four of us were in the school library. It was quiet and I was actually productive at that time. "Hi Jiwoo." I looked back to see who it was only to see a tall Jieun coming at my direction. Maybe she wasn't that bad like the first time we met. I never came to a conclusion on people's first meet. And that's probably one of the main reasons me and Jay are such good friends now. And I decided to do the same with Jieun. "Hey." I smiled sweetly at her as the others noticed.

"Sorry Jieun but it will be better if you don't sit here." Sunghoon coldly said while I looked at him. "Are you guys still angry at me for what I did previously?" She pouted a bit while Sunghoon just rolled his eyes. "No we're not mad. Come join us." I said as Jay mouthed a no at me while I just shook my head.

"Thanks." I went back to studying after that. But Jieun wasn't that good as I thought she would be. The next moment I found my book getting soaked by coffee which Jieun was having. "What the hell Jieun?" I quickly got up to prevent the coffee from staining my clothes. Jugyeong started helping me clean the mess as Jieun just sat there with a smirk. "Seems like you got stained." She just chuckled a bit while I looked at her. Is she really serious? Jay got up. "What's your problem Jieun? Why don't you find some friends and hang out with them instead of being such a pain."

Jieun laughed. "Am I the one who needs friends? And why are you even defending her? Stop trying to act like you're her friend. She's probably playing with y'all."

"You're really testing my patient." Sunghoon finally stood up smacking the table. He was angry. I didn't want to create a scene so just tried stopping the fight. "Jieun you must be really lonely." I started as I crossed my arms. "What do you mean?" "Isn't it obvious? You don't have anyone to talk to so you roam around disturbing everyone. And seems like you're targeting me now. Too bad my friends don't fall for your petty tries." I shook my head pretending to be sad. Wow I was surprised myself. I called them my friends. For the first time. The other three seemed to be as as shocked as me. They also didn't expect me to be like this. Jieun looked at me with a frowning look before she angrily scoffed.

"Huh you're acting like you own the world now that you made some friends." She tilted her head raising one of her eyebrows while I smiled. "I'm actually. It feels great to have friends. Too bad you can't feel it." She was taken aback. Angrily she stomped out of the library while I let out the long breathe that I was holding for so long.

"Just wait and watch Jiwoo."

"Girl you snapped." Sunghoon showed a thumbs up while I smiled at him. "Is this the first time you called us your friends? Omg Jiwoo you're growing up." Jay pretended to wipe his fake tears while I gave him a judging look. "Jay the heck-?"

Jugyeong came and gave me a side hug. "I'm happy you're finally open with us." I nodded as we went to our next class.

-

"What the- did Jiwoo actually say that? Holy moly-" Jungwon jumped in the air as he gave me a tight hug making me burst. "Jungwon I can't breathe." I tried breathing but it was of no use. He hugged me so tightly I might have fainted any moment. "Oop sorry. I just got too excited. My sis is finally updating her life." He gave me a huge smile while I narrowed my eyes.

"So does that mean we can hang out more now?" Jake asked with his puppy eyes. 'Obviously we could. Who wouldn't wanna hang out with you guys.' I nodded as they clapped happily. Wow I didn't think they will be so happy. But seems like they are. Changing school really did change my life.

"Jiwoo let's go to the mall together someday." Sunoo suggested. "Yes sir."

| | • • • • • | |

Another update cuz why not ;)Gosh I'm so tired

Gosh I'm so tired. I had to teach my sister maths today and oof I found my lost braincells but it was so tiring. Also DID Y'ALL WATCH ENHYPEN PERFORM IN MUSIC BANK AND ALSO THEIR INTERVIEW. their interaction with sOObin was the best. If only Niki and Jay also joined. But next time I guess. And like I said before KEEP STREAMING GIVEN-TAKEN
And tysm for 300+ reads. These reads Literally make my day and motivate me to keep writing. Anyways hope you liked this chapter *-*