12. alone

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

It was dark outside. I kept walking for hours now. Not caring about anything. It was cold. Really cold. My nose was red by now and I was sniffing. The sweater wasn't enough for me to stay warm. But I didn't care. I kept walking. Didn't check my phone for hours. But again, I didn't care. Not even a bit. My eyes were red and puffy. Yes I was crying. But not now. Crying won't be able to fix my messed up life. But it did give me peace and I prefer to keep it that way.

I was tired and decided to just go home but instead I sat on a nearby stone which was as huge as a chair and finally took out my phone. Gosh it was so cold. I wrapped my hands around myself trying to give my body warmth but nevermind. Turning my phone on I mentally preparing myself to see hundreds of messages. And turns out I wasn't lying. 308 missed calls in total out of which 130 belonged to Jungwon. And then 98 from Jay.

I emotionlessly looked at the unlimited amount of messages I got from my friends. Wow they must be really worried about me. I seenzoned their messages not wanting to reply at that moment and the next moment I got a call from Heeseung. Stared at the screen for a minute before taking the call. And the first thing I heard was, "Guys she picked up- Jiwoo what the fuck do you think you're doing huh? Where the hell are you?" Heeseung was cut off by Jungwon. Gosh he was literally screaming from the other side. He's angry.

"Hey." I weakly said as I chuckled a bit. "Jiwoo.." His voice softened hearing my weak voice. I could hear the others panicking from the other side. I didn't want them to be worried. Cuz I was fine. "I'm fine guys." I tried to keep my voice straight without breaking it. I was feeling overwhelmed and the question, 'do I really deserve such friends?' was coming across my mind making me want to leave this world.

Next up was Jay. "Jiwoo where are you right now?" I didn't want to tell. But I needed to because it was dark which I'm scared of and also it was really cold. Even if I want to be alone for more time, I shouldn't. "I am outside the library, not the school one." I muttered in a low pitch. "I'm coming. Stay there. Please." He sounded worried. I slightly 'hmm'ed before cutting the call.

"I'll go with you." Jungwon followed Jay as he nodded. It wasn't a serious matter. But Jungwon knew his sister. She could do anything if she's not in the right mind and that alone scared him. Jay on the other hand was scared because he saw her cry. And it worried him. A lot. He didn't like the sight of her crying.

-

They finally arrived at the destination and started searching for me. I was freezing when I finally saw Jay and Jungwon panting. I waved my hand so that they could see me and looked like Jay noticed me. He came running towards my direction as Jungwon did the same. But I was surprised.

Jay came running and tightly pulled me in a hug. I just stood there frozen with my small eyes looking big. Jungwon also stopped. We were both surprised by the sudden hug. I didn't hug him back. My hands just dangled at both sides. Jay patted my head, still hugging me. I was waiting for him to pull away but he stayed in that position for a while. "Please don't disappear like this again. I was really worried." He caressed my hair while I stood there shocked. Why is he being like this?