10 HOURS; MARRY

10 HOURS;
Marry

The kids never stopped pushing me against Ezrael. They kept teasing us to each other. However, I am not 100% complaining this time— I mean, they are kids and they are so adorable. Wala naman silang alam sa kung ano talaga kami ni Ezra. Besides, I will just go with flow, try to have fun and be patient. Just like Manang advised me.

Nagpakarga ang batang 5 year-old na si Sarah sa'kin. She told me that she likes me because I'm so pretty daw. Kaya naman giliw na giliw ako sa batang 'to e'. Well, naniniwala ako na ang mga bata ay pinanganak na honest at hindi alam ang salitang 'kasinungalingan'.

Until they age.

"B. I. C," she spells, pointing each letters on the word printed on my shirt. ".. E. P. S," she says. "How do you read this, Ate Yiesha?" She asks me.

"Biceps," I tell her.

"Anong ibig-sabihin no'n?" She innocently inquires. I chuckle.

"It's the bumps or the muscles here in the arms," ipinakita ko sa kaniya ang arms ko at pinilit na ipamalas ang biceps pero wala. Di naman ako fan ng workouts.

"Where?" Sinipat ng cute na bata ang braso ko. Natawa ako sa kakyutan ni Sarah.

"Here," bigla ay sumulpot si Ezra at ipinamalas niya ang biceps niya. Namangha si Sarah at sinuntok-suntok ang muscles sa braso which act makes him laugh. "Ngayon sigurado na ako na gusto niyo talagang panggigilan ang ganitong biceps. Kaya pala maraming nagwoworkout for impression. Now, I can tell it definitely adds to a man's attractiveness. I should probably do more liftups," he says then winks at me. I roll my eyes and smile at Sarah.

"Do you think Papa Ezra is attractive?" I ask the kid who looks at him. Ezra gives her his widest smile that almost rip his lips, squinting his eyes that he almost can't see us, acting like the wierd kid who thinks he's the cutest among the crowd.

"Not when he does that face on my face," natawa ako sa pagkapranka ni Sarah. Aww, I really like this kid! We share the same attitude.

"See? Kids don't lie," I told him.

"No, she just doesn't want to put you on shame. Everybody knows I'm attractive. I'm irresistible, peachy," he says.

"Peachy?" Sarah asks, confused. "Cute! I can call you, Mama Peachy! Can I, Papa Ezra?"

I gawp in a little surprise. I coo. This little girl is so adorable that I wanna squish her cheeks and mold them to fine peaches and eat! Just kidding. Seriously, Sarah has this natural coconut hair, wavy like ocean, and tied into two ponytails. The babyhairs on her nape and forehead make her cuter. Plus her eye smile! If I am her mother, I would never abandon her. Instead, I would love her for the rest of my life. Kung puwede nga lang, ako ang aapon sa kaniya. But I am so happy that there is already a family who is willing to give her needs, support, care, and love her the way her real family failed to give her.

"But Sarah, I made that name for her so only I can call her that. Besides, Ate Yiesha sounds better? Or Mama Yiesha!" 'Di pagsang-ayon ni Ezra sa bata. Kumunot ang noo ko.

"I wanna call her Mama Peachy," Sarah says, pouting her lips. I coo.

Siniko ko si Ezra, "'Wag mo ngang gawing malungkot si Sarah. She can call me whatever she wants to call me," I say which enlightens Sarah's mood.

"Unfair. You wouldn't want me to call you whatever name I would want to call you?" He resists. Hindi ko siya sinagot.

"Mama Peachy, Papa Ezra!" She claps her hands in excitement. Napadako naman ang atensyon niya pabalik sa pagsspelling ng words. Nakita niya 'yung print sa t-shirt ni Ezra at tinuro ang bawat letra.