Chapter 1

We're the pogues, and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.
John B was standing on the edge of the roof while drinking, Kie was looking around the house, pope was on the deck and MJ and JJ were leaning against a metal rail. Makena was leaning into JJ when John B decided to stand on one foot and balance on the edge.

" That's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one in three chance of survival." Pope says sarcastically to John B.

    " Should I do it?" John B asks with fake seriousness.

  Makena took a hit off her joint and looked at JB.

  " Don't do it man, I don't want to have to drive you to the hospital ." She says him while laughing. John B looks at her while rolling his eyes and smiling.

" Yeah you should jump, I'll shoot you on the way down." Pope says while holding a drill like it's a gun.

Mj grabs JJ's beer from his hand and chugges it while he looks at her with surprise. When she finished chugging she hands the can back to him while smirking. " What?" She asks while giggling and smiling.

" You owe me a beer." He says. " Or you can let me hit that ?" He looked asked while looking at the joint in her hand.

  "Fine, but only because I finished your beer." She says while trying to look annoyed but failing because her smile keeps breaking through.

   " You know you'd let me even if you didn't drink my beer." He says with a smirk while grabbing the joint from her.

   John B and Pope were going back and forth joking around when Kie came onto the deck.

  " They're gonna have japanese toilets with towel warmers." She complains.

  " Of course they are, why wouldn't they?" JJ asks sarcastically while he throws his arm over Mj's shoulder. 

  " This used to be a turtle habitat but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" Kie asks.

  " I can't have cold towels." JJ chuckles out, Mj laughs along with him.

" Can you please not kill yourself?" Kie asks John B, noticing he was on the edge.
" Don't spill that beer, I'm not giving you another one." JJ tells JB while taking a hit of her J .

" 5 dollars says he spills it." Makena tells JJ.
" Bet." JJ says while smiling, confident in his friend.

" Whoa! Oh shit." John B exclaims as he drops his beer to the deck while trying to regain his balance on the edge.

   " Hand it over." She says to JJ smiling while holding her hand out.

"Damn, your good." JJ says smirking at her while pulling out his wallet.

"I know I am." Makena replies while smirking back at him.

" Hey, security's here, let's wrap it up." Pope warns the group while grabbing his stuff to run.

" Boy's are here early today." Mj says while standing up and grabbing her phone quickly.
JJ's still sitting down while everyone is rushing around, grabbing their things.

    " Pretty boy, wanna go to jail or what?" Mj asks him while rolling her eyes as she starts going down the ladder.  JJ gets up and starts running away from the guard with the rest of the pogues.

     " Gary is that you?" JJ yells at the overweight security guard, antagonizing him.
While running Makena see's JJ drop her joint. Makena freezes for a second.

      " Hot stuff, wanna go to jail or what?" Jj asks mockingly, smirking back at her.

  While they are running to the van, Makena slowly passes JJ, and JJ almost gets grabbed by the guard.

     " Not much of a hugger!" He yells at the guard while still sprinting away. All the pogues except JJ and Pope are already in the van.

  " Hurry up guys!" Mj and Kie yell out the door of the van.

  JJ and Pope finally make it to the van about 5 seconds later.

   When he finally gets in the van Makena starts laughing so hard that her stomach begins  hurting, and her laugh infected the others and after a second everyone was laughing and having a good time.

     " Hey Pretty boy." Mj called out.

" Yeah Hot stuff." He responded.

     " You owe me some weed." She told him while staring into his amazingly beautiful blue eyes.

   He stared back into her matching blue eyes holding eye contact for a moment before responding.

   " Do not." He responds in a childish way while smirking at her.

  " Do too." She responds in the same childish tone he used.

" Fine, I'll get more tomorrow." He says still admiring her eyes before finally looking away.

They went back to listening to music and talking about random things and JJ put his arm around MJ and she nuzzled into his chest, just listening to his heartbeat.

   Makena likes listening to his heartbeat especially when she's high or drunk. It made her feel safe, it made her feel like she wasn't alone anymore, and that feeling was something almost no one other than the pogues made her feel.

A/N: thank you for reading this chapter because I don't like it, also please vote if you like it and comment please because comments literally make my day.