Chapter 57

I step out of the shower and wrap my towel around myself. I walk into my bedroom and see JJ sitting on the bed.

" Your turn." I say, motioning for him to go take a shower.

" Finally, I'm sure you used up all the hot water though." JJ says, smiling at me.

" You know what," I say, playfully glaring at him, I toss a pillow at him, hitting him right in the back.

" I'm going, I'm goin." He laughs, walking toward the bathroom.

I look through my closet and decide to wear a cropped red tee-shirt, a pair of faded jean shorts, and my white Chuck Taylor knockoffs.

I finish getting ready and grab JJ's vape of the dresser. I don't usually use the juul, but I don't really feel like rolling right now. I take a couple hits and walk out of the bedroom and towards John B's room. I see Kiara laying on the bed, but her eyes are open. I lay on the bed next to her, neither of us look at each other, we just lay in silence, staring at the ceiling.

" I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you like that." I say, apologizing.

" I'm sorry too. You were right." She admits.

" I know I was." I say, chuckling as the tension breaks.

" God, you have a big head." She jokes, laughing.

" So do you." I add, and we both laugh.

" So, are we friends again?" I ask.

" No." She answers bluntly.

" What? Why?" I ask, sitting up and looking at her.

" Because I had to hear you and JJ screwing in the surf shed." She says, looking at me.

My face heats up and I blush in embarrassment.

" I'm kidding, of course we're friends." She answers, laughing. " Oh my god you should have seen your face." She says, laughing even harder.

" That isn't funny, you ass." I say, starting to laugh.

" But seriously, do you two ever stop? You always have hickeys on your neck." She says, still laughing.

" I don't always have hickey's on my neck." I retort, laughing still.

" You have three on your neck right now, though one is fading so I assume it's from some other time." She says, pointing to my neck.

" I do not." I retort. I quickly stand up and look at myself in the mirror above JB's dresser.

" Holy shit, I do." I say.

" Told ya." She says, leaning against John B's headboard.

" I don't know why he does that, but I don't really mind." I say, sitting down next to her.

I'm really happy we made up, we haven't spent a lot of time one on one lately. My cheeks hurt from laughing and smiling so much.

" I do it so people know you're mine, and I'm pretty sure you do it for the same reason." JJ interrupts, peeking his head in the doorway and pointing to a hickey on his neck.

" Go put clothes on." Kiara says, faking disgust at JJ's half naked body, only covered by his towel around his waist.

" Whatever." JJ says, walking into our room. I close the door and look at Kiara.

" So, what's up with you and Pope?" I ask, and Kie starts to blush.

" Nothing is up." She answers.