Chapter 67

JJ's POV

I feel the tears well up in my eyes as John B and Makena sail away from the dock. I turn away from Pope and Kie as I snatch my hat off, fighting back the tears. I can't believe I let this happen. I can't believe that I just let my best friend, and the love of my life sail away to Mexico. I mean a lot can happen in two months, what if Makena realizes that she can do way better and just forgets about me? What if they get hurt? I shake my head, trying to snap out of it. They'll be okay, if anything MJ will make Mexico her bitch and by the time we get down there she'll be running the country.

I put my hat on and turn around to see Kiara and Pope kissing and I feel a small smile take over my face. I hear faint sirens approaching and I turn and look but no cars are around, but the sirens are getting louder.

" Hey, guys, I'm sorry to ruin the party, but, uh, we gotta go right now. Come on!" I say loudly, gesturing for them to follow as I start to move towards Kiara's SUV.

From one road a Sheriff's department squad car pulls up, and from the other an all black SUV. We all stop in our tracks. There's no way we are gonna be able to get away. From the corner of my eye I see Kiara put her hands up, and I quickly put mine up too. The cops all get out of the cars and pull their guns out, not pointing them at us, just ready to.

" Pope." Kiara says, as he keeps walking forward.

" Move. Hands up! Hands up!" An SBI agent yells, running towards Pope with his gun ready.

" Pope, hands!" Kiara yells, and Pope slowly puts his hands up.

" We're too late." The SBI agent says, disappointment clear in his voice.

" He's gone! Goddamn it!" Shoupe yells.             " Bratcher, have your guys stand down." Shoupe adds, talking to the SBI.

" Let me talk to these kids." Shoupe says, putting his gun away and walking towards us.

" Alright, where the hell are they? WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY!?" Shoupe yells at all of us.

" JJ, I see you're livin' up to your name." Shoupe comments, trying to get a reaction out of me. I try not to react, but I can feel the anger rise in me and I clench my jaw.

" Pope, how about you?" Shoupe asks, getting closer to Pope. " This isn't a fucking game!" Shoupe yells, getting angry that we aren't talking. " You can do the right thing right now! Where'd they go?" Shoupe presses, but Pope doesn't say anything, he just looks down slightly.

Makena's POV

I lean back against the chair and close my eyes, trying to keep my emotions at bay. I'm gonna see JJ again, granted that's not gonna be for two months and I've never been away from the Outer Banks for more than a week.

John B hasn't tried to talk since we left the dock, and I'm happy about it. Don't get me wrong, I love him and he's my family but I'm still upset with him, even if everyone else is over it.

" Weather advisory for Tropical Storm Danielle, expected to make landfall in the Outer Banks and surrounding areas within the hour. Current wind speeds are 65 miles per hour..." Suddenly the radio cuts off and I look at John B, only to see him staring at something to our left.

" John B!" I hear a familiar voice yell from the distance. I don't even need to look up to see who it is, but I do anyway and see Sarah Cameron running towards a dock, waving her hands rapidly.

" Sa-Sarah!" John B yells out in a mix of excitement and shock.

" John B! Wait!" Sarah yells, running further down the dock, and John B slows and directs the boat towards the dock as he yells for Sarah.